How many will get the Superbowl in HD this year?

Are (or were) you capable of legally getting the Superbowl in HD at home this year?

• Yes - Over the air

Votes: 83 64.3%
  • Yes - cable or similar hard wire source

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Yes - satellite tv

Votes: 43 33.3%
  • No - no HD feed available from any source

Votes: 14 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
Simple poll question, mainly because I'm pissed as hell I can't get the SB in HD this year and wondering how many others share my frustration.

Just seems that by now everyone that has invested in a digital TV ought to be able to see things like the Superbowl and Daytona 500 in HD if they want to.

Thanks Dish.
Thanks Congress
Thanks FCC
Thanks NAB
Thanks WCAX Burlington, VT.

Thanks to all the above - for nothing.

Last edited:
Both OTA and through Locals (got to check two boxes). I'll watch it OTA though. Better picture quality, though the sat feed isn't terrible.

Scott

I could watch it with the Pittsburgh HD Locals from E*, but I don't have the dish to get them so I am once again going to watch the superbowl in SD.

I voted all 3, we will be watching live OTA, but if the signal flutters I will switch to the satellite and if that has any issues I will switch to my Comcast backup, the locals are in the clear. I will use the satellite before cable because of my 622 and the instant replay/pause features. My locals OTA sometimes just drop from a 95% signal to 0, strange.

No HD through AFN (armed forces network) Nore any commercials.. (thank god for podcasts though as i will be able to see the commercials through it) I do have it recording on my 622 though... I wont be able to watch untill late aug early september :( Bring us home :)

I went out last night and picked up a HD antenna from RadioShack. I'm getting almost a 100% signal on CBS. I'll be watching in style this year :D .

I went out last night and picked up a HD antenna from RadioShack. I'm getting almost a 100% signal on CBS. I'll be watching in style this year :D .

I think you mean a vhf/uhf or a uhf only antenna. There is no such thing as an hdtv antenna, hdtv is the format, vhf and uhf carry the signal.

What model did you get?

Simple poll question, mainly because I'm pissed as hell I can't get the SB in HD this year and wondering how many others share my frustration.

Just seems that by now everyone that has invested in a digital TV ought to be able to see things like the Superbowl and Daytona 500 in HD if they want to.

Thanks Dish.
Thanks Congress
Thanks FCC
Thanks NAB
Thanks WCAX Burlington, VT.

Thanks to all the above - for nothing.
Walt, move to Boston. Move back to Vermont tomorrow.:)

I'll be watching in HD via Comcast basic on my 50" plasma, for the 2nd year in a row. No DISH locals available here either Walt, in MA but only 8 miles from the VT border.

OTA from Greenville, SC and Charlotte, NC with mid 90 signal strength full bitrate, as I do all the networks from my location,(living in the boonies with no interference from urban structures sure does have it's advantages,along with lower tax rates and lower property costs).

Walt, move to Boston. Move back to Vermont tomorrow.:)

Thanks and don't think I haven't been tempted.:) There have even been others here willing to help me "move" but after thinking it over and envisioning trying to rationalize it to my kids, I decided against it.

Our local has been digital for a couple of years so I got to watch it in at least a little bit better resolution than Dish's ultra-crappy SD local delivery system.

I HAD a waiver and was really excited to have my choice of EAST or WEST coast HD superbowl this year but those buggers squashed that one!

I am contemplating a boycott of NFL football next year if my local CBS and FOX stay in SD. I waste too much time watching football anyway so it would definitely make my wife happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts