How much did you pay for your first C-Band dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
goaliebob's thread about the price difference in 10 & 12' BUD's brought this idea to mind... How much did you pay for your first C-Band Dish?
If memory serves me right $1,200 in 1982 or 83 dollars for a 10' fiberglass dish, Satcom receiver & 120 degree LNA with block down converter... I think that included installation which we helped with...

Last edited:
$1800+ for a Unimesh 10' and a Uniden STB in 1993

We used it for 7-8 years and then went with Directv. We dismantled the dish and hauled it off, man I wish I had that dish back.

6ft mesh
was at the house my parents purchased.

free for a 10 foot mesh that was kinda banged up...never used it
150 for a 6 footer (still have it)

My first one was a no-name 12 footer, with a huge iron center section that the mesh/ribs bolted to. Weighed about as much as a small car! :eek:
Paid 75 bucks for it in 1992. Moved it to my in-laws' house about 6 years ago- they still have it. My present ones (2-10ft and a 7.5ft) were all free. :D:up

$500.00 for my 10 foot in 87, $750.00 for the 12 I have now in 89. No free c band dishes but they were all new :)

$700 for 6ft. winegard including Toshiba trx 1420 receiver, 25° micro-pak and von weiss mover. All purchased locally as a package brand new in '94. Cheapest i could find anywhere. I think Skyvision wanted at least twice as much.:D

in about 1990 got my first dish, still using it, an Echostar 7.5 mesh and a DTH receiver, don't really remember who made it, $2000.00 and $1.00 to have it installed, it was pricey for me at the time, but I think I have gotten my money out of it, I live in Ut. right in the middle of the Wasatch, they put a 1" mover on it, first big snow storm I found my self heading to SLC to pick up a real mover.
Terry

My 10' dish was free. I had a chance to also get a 12' offset at the same time for free but I could not get it home in a 1/2 ton, was too wide and it seemed too much work at the time to make a frame to stand it up. Check your local TV stations; they often have surplus dishes they want to get rid of, and engineers hate to throw stuff like that away when someone can have fun with it!
-C.

$1735 for a 7 1/2 foot KTI mesh dish, Uniden 4400 Super with VCII+ VCRS Module, Chaparral CoRotor with C and Ku band lnbs, 18" Superjack II actuator, 100 feet of ribbon cable with shipping from Skyvision in 1993.

I used the dish until December 2009 when I replaced it with an Echostar X-10 mesh dish which I got for free.

$129 for my six foot dish Fortec. It had been dropped and the Lnb arms were slightly bent. Saved a hundred bucks on that deal. My brother has it now.
Next idea might be how much have we spent on Cband since that first dish lol....Blind

my first dish back in 84 old 10 foot prodlin heavy fiber glass dish still have it my step father using it costs about 2,000 3,000 back then got it for $650 120 lna down converter wilson 70 mhz old style receiver houston tracker arm and mover got my first vc2 board few years later on the old tci cable rental plan though net link it was from a family deal from my ex in laws who switch to cable and back to big dish back to mini dish last I heard though the years

fiber glass dish

April 1985 6ft fiber glass dish 120 LNA varable tune receiver 8 hundred an sixty seven dollars not installed. Went from 2 snowey channels to close to 100 was very happy with it, still have dish. THANKS

First dish- an 8 foot solid aluminum, got for free. While I was installing it on my roof, saw my neighbor's 8.5 foot Birdview. Went over to compare notes and he said "Free, take it away". I did.

70 bucks at the scrap metal yard for a mast. $150 for a Superjack activator for the first dish, and maybe a couple hundred additional for sundries.

The first C-Band dish I had cost me probably $4-500 as I recall. This was just for the dish, mount and base. It was (and still is) a 6' StarTrak dish. It was used when I got it. A friend of the family gave me an old feedhorn, LNA and downconverter when he upgraded along with a Drake "earth station" receiver and actuator controller. That was probably 1992-93. Still have the dish, the LNA and receiver were taken out by lightning. Can't remember if I got an actuator at that time or not........that might have been included with the dish.

Since then I have had probably 6-8 dishes of various materials and sizes, don't think I ever paid for another one. Currently have 1 10' Orbitron set up and in use, a 10' Uniden in pieces waiting for some cement and a purpose and the original 6' Star Trak mesh waiting for a mount. It will probably be hooked up in the garage for fun.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)