how much does cost to install a bud

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kali05

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 27, 2005
Ca
how much does cost to install a bud if i call some installer to do the job does anyone know roughly?

Kali05 said:
how much does cost to install a bud if i call some installer to do the job does anyone know roughly?

Average $200-$400.00 approx, which can include all parts needed for the installation. Of course, you provide the bud and bud parts..

This approx price is just for the labor.

You can attempt it yourself, it is fun if you are into that type of thing, if not find a used dish and see if a dealer will move it and reinstall it for you, a new dish is best but if you can get a used one free or real cheap then why not :)

A whole new system with 4dtv and dvb c/ku 10'-12' installed will most likely be $2000.00 and up, to be honest that is not bad since many TV's now cost more than that :)

Let me tell you my experience: I wanted a BUD so bad to watch a channel from my country that I started looking on ebay to see if some one will sell something cheap in the city I live at (because they only do local pick up). No luck.
Then I decided to start driving around looking for BUD. I would stop at each house and ask them if they wanted to sell it. 2 people said yes and never call me back, then I called them and they said they were going to call me back and still never called me. Then on a lucky day, I stopped at this house and the lady gave it to me for FREE, yes for free. I uninstalled it myself and we put it on top of my friends truck and move it to my house. THen I have invested some money and time, a lot of time to get it going:

1) 17 feet 3.5 pipe with bracket and delivery ... $210
2) Pansat 3500S receiver .... $180
3) 100 feet cable ... $60
4) Good Ladder ... $100
5) Digged a 4 feet hole. Took me about 3 hrs.
6) 11 bags of concrete (60 lbs each), 6 feet ground pole, cooper cable, ground clamp .... $100
7) Set the bracket, stand the pole, Mix the concrete, etc (that was hard work) all saturday last weekend.
8) New C/Ku lnb and Feedhorn ...$ 150
9) Vbox .... $55
10) Install the new C/Ku feedhorn, and cables, center lnb, etc took me like 3 hrs yesterday
11) I just went to buy several pieces of wood to make kind of scaffolding to get up there to install the dish on the pole hopefully tomorrow. $200
12) And the mos important, I have spent a lot of time readying and trying to understand before buying.
13) Connectors, sealant, etc little stuff about $20

I am so far happy with all I have done and I am not seeing any tv yet. But the time spent learning, reading, and trying to do it myself with all the member's help from this site has been great.

I was quoted $2000 for a complete 4DTV system installed.

I've since decided that I can do it myself as soon as I find a dish and figure out a place to put a 10'-12' bud.

For now I'm in the process of setting up a 5' mesh which seem to be all the fun (to setup) of the bigger dish. I can't wait to get it up and running. I'm about $200 into my 5' mesh right now (including the $50 I paid for the dish).

I found my BUD (c band only at the time) for free in the local paper. I found a 9' long x 4" id pole for free in a horse field (the horses were using it to scratch on).

The cost of installation was:

pole mount- i used 2 40 gallon barrels welded together with a framework of rebar welded inside them. To the rebar (4) 3/4"x18" galvanized bolts were welded on. I dug a hole 5 feet deep with a backhoe, put the barrels in and filled them with 17 80 lb bags of cement. This is the pole "mount" .

The pole itself is welded to a 5/8" thick plate of steel that bolts onto the 4 galvenized bolts on the mount. This allows for adjustment of the pole, should i ever need it. Total cost of the pole and mount was approx 250.00 (not counting the backhoe, which was already on my property for another project).

100' of 4 strand c band ribbon cable= 48.00 shipped

Pansat 2700 = 120.00 shipped

Vbox = 36.00 shipped

C/KU corotor and LNBs = 90.00 shipped (used, bought on fleebay)

switches, connectors, crimper, etc approx 30.00

Total Cost= approx 575.00

I was quoted a cost of 1250.00 to install the used dish, using the above pole/mount system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts