How much does it take to move a satellite dish out of line?

CaseLogic

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
We had a fairly windy storm last Friday, and since then we've completely lost a satellite signal. Is this likely/possible, or did something else potentially happen?

It was MAYBE gusts to 40, but I doubt it was even that high... so I''m kind of surprised that we're getting 0 signal (our box has been stuck at "acquiring signal" since resetting it on Saturday)

It all depends on the install of the dish. If it wasn't pointed correctly and had a so-so signal, then it wouldn't take much to throw it off. Ecspecially if one of the bolts wasn't tightened correctly and it wiggled just a little bit. With high winds there is chance of flying debris. Flying debris can throw it off too.

If I were you i'd unplug the receiver (and any other receivers in the house) for a few minutes. Plug back in. Do a check switch and see what the results are.

Doesn't take much sometimes, especially if everything wasn't tightened down properly or if the mounting surface itself isn't rock solid. Check that the winds didn't tweak a cable connection too.

May also want to check that the winds didn't bring down some limbs or bend trees into your line of sight.

well we had a tech come out just now... he said the eye fried b/c it was remanufactured and some rain probably leaked in.

told him that I thought it was BS that Dish is gonna make us pay $50 for a trip out there to fix THEIR faulty equipment, and he agreed and gave me another, extra eye to "offset the costs" hahah... badass

well we had a tech come out just now... he said the eye fried b/c it was remanufactured and some rain probably leaked in.

told him that I thought it was BS that Dish is gonna make us pay $50 for a trip out there to fix THEIR faulty equipment, and he agreed and gave me another, extra eye to "offset the costs" hahah... badass

Is E* charging for LNB replacements? I've had two replaced, one just last year, with no charges accruing at all.

reman

I'm sure the LNBF was defective and not because it was remanufactured. I install a lot of reman equipment and sometimes it runs better than the original. It's cool gave you an extra one, hopefully it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)