How much for 942/622 swap if already have Superdish?

SouthRider

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Covington, La
I already have a Superdish & a Dish 500 (needed these to get New Orleans locals along with Voom). I was set up this way when I paid the installation for my 942.

I shouldn't need an installation, but simply the swapout of my leased 942 for a leased 622.

Do you think I will still be charged the $99 installation fee?

I thought that the installation with the leased receivers was covered under the $299 charge that Dish charged at the time of the order? SouthRider, if that is true then you shouldn't be charged anymore than what you already have been on your cc when you placed the order. Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't mind being wrong as long as I can learn from it and be right next time. :)

I paid the $99 installation fee to have my 942 installed. At the same time I upgraded to HD Pak, Voom, and New Orleans locals. It seemed cheap at the time because they had to add the 2nd dish (superdish), which included burying 100' of cable, repoint my 500, add a DP44 and verify the 942 hookup which I had done.

Now - on the one hand it seems ridiculous to pay a $99 install fee for me to unplug my 942 & re-plug a 622 - but on the other hand if you look at the whole picture the original install was far more costly to them than the $99 I paid last summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts