How much for a 5LNB pole mount?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
I'm going to get a local company to come out and install a Slimline about ten feet from where my 3LNB is currently located. They will have to plant a pole and dig a trench about ten feet from the house. How much would an installer charge?

Totally depends upon the installer. I'd say average is probably going to be $60-80, but HSPs are frowning upon charges for pole mounts and have been doing them for free(with questionable quality of work), while some less honest independents have charged upwards of $180 for the service.

Also:
The 2,0 pole should be steel........not a 4x4.
the end of the pole should be smashed or otherwise made irregular so it won't spin in the wind.
There should be concrete in the hole. The pole should end up plumb. A piece of conduit near the ground will protect the wire from weed eaters. Since there could be four single or two dual cables running from the dish to the ground bond a narrow trench should be dug rather than trying to spade in four lines.

I fixed a free HSP install that was lacking most of the above. $90.00 + $2.00/ft to dig in the cable. Should have put in conduit. Will next time.

Joe

Prices should range from $85 to $125, with conduit all the way. DirecTV's own installation requirements call for direct burial cable, but they do not use it. At the minimum there should be conduit where the cable enters and exits the ground, with sweep 90's in the ground.

Prices should range from $85 to $125, with conduit all the way. DirecTV's own installation requirements call for direct burial cable, but they do not use it. At the minimum there should be conduit where the cable enters and exits the ground, with sweep 90's in the ground.

Thanks for all the information. Those prices sound about right. I'm not going to allow a Bruister and Ass. installer to come out to my house. I don't deal with people that lie to me. I'm going to a local guy and I wanted a fair price. One local told me last year $700 so I told him to keep walking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)