How much for a dish with no receiver?

muldertx

Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
I want to get a dish to get Sky Angel and wonder about how much I can expect to spend on just a dish. I live in the D/FW area and already have 2 dishes for locals. I am assuming I will need to get a DP44 switch to make this happen. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

muldertx

Well if you don't care about those channels that are on the second dish on dallas, you can swing your dish over to 61.5 and you're all set

I thinking that because I don't get much with the 2nd dish. Couple of spanish stations and one or two locals plus an additional PBS.

muldertx

Its possible that the stations on your current second dish are also on the 61.5 sat, but the problem is is wether you will be able to get the signal though it shouldnt be to hard, Im asuming that the elevation is around 31 - 33.

Most all of Dallas's locals are on 110. But 2 locals are on 148, they are KDTN ch 2 (Daystar) and KMPX ch 29 (Independent). Since Daystar is part of the SkyAngel package, by swinging your 148 dish to 61.5, all you'll really lose is KMPX-29.

Assuming you have AT60 or higher with Dish now, Daystar is already available to you on channel 9408 from the 110° satellite as part of the package. So KPMX is definitely the only channel you lose if you just swing your dish around to 61.5°.

See ya
Tony

Hook Up Sky Angel Dish To Work With Super Dish

Daystar to be removed by Dish Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)