How much HD vs SD do you watch

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
How much HD vs SD do you watch?

I have quickly finding myself watching HD only with the exception of a few SD channels.. I was wondering how much of HD you guys watch vs SD. Im just wondering if im the only HDTV freak around here as thats all i have untill the xbox 360 comes out in a few months.. then its GAME ON in hd! :D :yes :love :lick ;)

It's All HD for me. As far as Dishnet is concerned. Although I'm not going to lie and say HD only for my whole viewing experience. The only SD I watch is DVD's, don't know if that's part of this puzzle or not. I also occasionally watch TCM and/or AMC and or Encore Westerns, but not so much. I'd guess about 90%+ HD for me.

Al

I have the HDPack, Voom, SHowtime Movie and Encore Plus pack, but I watch on my PJ 99% HD and record an occassional movie from the SD Showtime or Encore movie package. About the only time I watch SD is when I have my daughter and she wants to watch Extreme Home Makeover, other than that, the SD watching is relegated to my 13" monitor where it looks good.

I cannot stand the look of SD on my PJ, YUCK!! I am considering getting an LCD flat panel in the range of 26" that I can use for casual viewing of SD, news and stuff like that. I only fire up the PJ for serious HD or DVD viewing.

When I'm in my Dish home I only watch HD, because then I have 21 HD channels (13 Full time)

But when I'm at my apartment I only have OTA HD to watch, so that only occurs during the hours of 8PM-1:30AM

I'm fortunate enough to be able to receive all networks OTA...in digital at worst and HD at best. HD programming definately takes the front seat when it comes to TV watching in our house. I think I'm over 50-50, but sure wish it could be a higher percentage. Maybe when MPEG-4 finally happens. :)

In my area the OTA HD programming is minimal all 5 channels have HD broadcasts but finding one that is actually broadcasting a show in HD is like pulling teeth. Our local affiliate for ABC last monday for monday night football was not in HD. How stupid is that. We are lucky if we can find one maybe two shows a night in HD.

When I had 40+ HD channels with VOOM (DBS), I watched HD almost exclusively, with the exception of CNN, etc. Now with E*, I am down to 75%. Still, HD takes priority. I only watch SD for news, sports and other programs that are not available in HD. I avoid watching movies in SD as much as I can.

I'm about 80% SD to 20% HD due to the fact I don't have a roof antenna hooked up. I'm wary to add one, and then have E* add the NYC HD channels a few months after I do.........

I watch about 60% SD due to their is more to choose from HD I watch about 40%! Once more networks get HD which we all hope that there will be more HD in near future. There is very little HD stuff out there right now but we will see what happens in 06. :)

I'm too often dissappointed when tuning to an HD channel, including ESPN and the networks, that a show, especially sports, is not in true 16 x 9 widescreen HD. I also rarely find anything of interest on HDNet and HDNet movies. So until there is more "compelling" content in HD, which I can record on an MPEG4 HD DVR which Dish will make easily and affordably accessible to all current customers (yeah right), I'm afraid I'm still 50/50 HD/SD, thanks in large part to SciFi Channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts