how much is directv + internet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

noobtv

Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
florida
I can't see the price on their site. all i see are prices for their tv packages and if bundled, there is 15 off for a year. But they don't say how much the directv + internet package cost. Does anyone know?

I can't see the price on their site. all i see are prices for their tv packages and if bundled, there is 15 off for a year. But they don't say how much the directv + internet package cost. Does anyone know?

Who are the bundles with? Seriously it is probably best to stay with your current internet provider as DIRECTV usually bundles with ATT or Verizon DSL(usually DSL providers,as some will most likely name other DSL providers who bundle with DTV). I have ATT 6.0 Fast DSL,not bundled with DTV. You current internet provider may be a lot faster than that. Satellite internet providers(who DTV may also bundle with) would be a last resort. It is mostly for rural customers whose other choice is dial-up for internet connection. The fair use policy for satellite internet providers is ridiculously low.

Bottom line,stay with who you have right now.

:welcome to Satelliteguys noobtv!

Who do you have available locally? I have Cox for my internet. Directv doesn't bundle with them. No one they bundle with is nearly as fast.

I don't know if they bundle with UVerse or just ATT dsl. You would have to call to find out, as well as the pricing.

I pay DirecTV just under $90 and I pay HughesNet just under $90, whoever said it's cheaper to live in the country was dead wrong.

Compared to copper pairs, Yes.

Compared to fiber, No.

The only true fiber cable is FIOS and here in CT the only town with it is Greenwich. I have Cox cable in my town. They claim it's fiber, but it's a mixture in actuality.

Century link has fiber in our neighborhood, has been there for 13 years now. However, fiber ends at the green box, scattered about 8 boxes for 56 homes. Twisted pair to the house and offers dsl only (up to 10Mbs). Neighbor changed last month because 1.5 was the best he was getting. I have cable @10/1 mbs, but cable company offers tiers up to 90Mbs. Speed tests samples here: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28272237-Internet-Post-Your-New-RR-Lighting-90-10-Speed-s. Cable company is presently laying conduit now in front of our neighborhood with "fiber" markings on it. :) Sure would like to see a 1.21 giga-watt fiber connection to my house:D

I have ATT DSL with 6Mbs because it is half the price than our local cable,& our local cable internet speeds are about 12Mbs(& recently got up to that in the past few years). Originally I ordered ATT to test it side by side with my cable internet,with my cable internet having the far better upload speeds. But when it came time to eliminate one of the the two,it was easier to give up the local cable internet. Saved a lot of money doing that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts