How much is left?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

glen4cindy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
St. Louis MO, area
I first got into FTA probably around 2008 give or take.

My first experience was with a motor and it was so exciting to swing from bird to bird and scan for all sorts of feeds.

123-W was full of channels and you could spend forever just there.

A recent look at Lyngsat looks so bare. It seems like the only thing left is 97-W.

My dish has been out of commission for quite some time and I'm getting ready to move.

I'm wondering if it's even worth the trouble of putting it back up. If I do, I won't have a motor this time.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What size dish do you have?

For Ku, we have a 1.2m fixed on 125W and a motorized 1.2m that pretty much stays on 103W.

I have a 31" and an analog receiver. My old motor died and the original receiver took a bath then a pipe burst.

So you are watching PBS on 125 and doing the music on 103?

Our OTA PBS has 4 feeds so I'm not sure that would give me anything extra.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get Cozi, NHK World, the NBC feeds at 103w fine on a 31" dish (DS2076) here in CT. It won't pull in the PBS on 125w.

There is Velocity on 121w, a channel about cars, CCTV News and documentary channel on 95w.

My 31" pulls in the LPB stations at 87w but it has to be spot on, if it's not perfect it's a no go, those transponders are weak.

BYU use to be on 89w but I don't know if that's still there or not. Haven't bothered with that one in a long time because I watch it on C band. They have a few good shows if it's still there.

Those are the only ones that come to mind for me that are worth bothering with on Ku that will come in on my 31" dish. As Jason mentioned, you would need a new receiver to receive any of these.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)