how much is sunday nfl ticket?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kali05

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 27, 2005
Ca
how much is sunday nfl ticket this year does anyone know?

The thing that's ridiculous about that package is that even though you have to pay through the nose for it you still have to sit through all of the commercials. One would think that people who shell out several hundred dollars for this package would be entitled to watch without commercials.

This is such a rip off. I can't believe the greed that makes them force paying customers to watch commercials too. I won't ever sign up for it again even though I am a big football fan.

john262 said:
The thing that's ridiculous about that package is that even though you have to pay through the nose for it you still have to sit through all of the commercials. .

So you would rather watch a blank screen? In the c-band days the screen would go blank on some channels during commerercials. Buy a TIVO and run 20 minutes behind and fast forward thru the commericials. Works for me...

Yeah, commercials are preferable to a blank screen! I had NHL Center Ice about 3 years ago, and on some feeds it'd go to a CI Logo during some breaks, or played the samed loop NHL commercial over and over. Kinda annoying.

Uhhh, *what* commercials. That is why you get Sunday Ticket. You *never* see commercials. If the game you are on has a commercial you surf to another game. ;)

Before Sunday Ticket ruined it all for us, you mostly got the Announcers B.S. during the commercials...(raw feeds) was actually quite good as they voiced their opinions before they started killing the mikes during commercials :) And you never missed a second of the action because the commercials ran long...btw still waffling on ordering or not... :)

Bruno said:
So you would rather watch a blank screen? In the c-band days the screen would go blank on some channels during commerercials. Buy a TIVO and run 20 minutes behind and fast forward thru the commericials. Works for me...

Yes, that was great watching the C-Band backhauls of the games. It was during the commercials that you got to hear what was really going on. Boy, I sure miss my C-KU Band Satellite setup. :tombstone

Actually, I should have explained the alternative that I prefer rather than just complaining. The announcers could do commentary and they could show highlights of the game and highlights of other games in progress or recently completed during the time alloted for commercial breaks which would still be seen on broadcast network feeds shown in local markets.

Technically, it would be very easy to do that. But if not, yes, I would prefer a blank screen rather than commercials.

I had always thought that the concept of pay tv was that you paid a fee in lieu of commercials, not in addition to commercials. What they do now would be the equivalent of interrupting HBO movies for commercials.

How many HBO subscribers would stand for that? They are paying for HBO so they don't have to see commercials. The same should apply to NFL Sunday Ticket, and other similar packages such as NBA TV.

As I said before, I think it's pure greed, plain and simple. They want us to pay for the package and see commercials too, which IMO is unfair. And yes, I could use a Tivo, but after paying so much for the NFL package I don't want to pay even more for a Tivo unit.

Yes I do miss my BUD,
However with alot of channels leaving, I found it was time to move on to Small Sat years ago.
But the wild feeds were always great.

Jimbo

dfergie said:
Before Sunday Ticket ruined it all for us, you mostly got the Announcers B.S. during the commercials...(raw feeds) was actually quite good as they voiced their opinions before they started killing the mikes during commercials :) And you never missed a second of the action because the commercials ran long...btw still waffling on ordering or not... :)

If you order the audio feeds for the NHL games, you get the announcers BS. There was some really funny commentary one game a couple years back when the St. Louis Blues were playing the Nashville Predators in Nashville. It was one of the first times the Blues had played there, and the announcers were going on and on about how hot some women were they had met in Nashville. Hope their wives weren't listening!

john262 said:
Actually, I should have explained the alternative that I prefer rather than just complaining. The announcers could do commentary and they could show highlights of the game and highlights of other games in progress or recently completed during the time alloted for commercial breaks which would still be seen on broadcast network feeds shown in local markets.

Technically, it would be very easy to do that. But if not, yes, I would prefer a blank screen rather than commercials.

I had always thought that the concept of pay tv was that you paid a fee in lieu of commercials, not in addition to commercials. What they do now would be the equivalent of interrupting HBO movies for commercials.

How many HBO subscribers would stand for that? They are paying for HBO so they don't have to see commercials. The same should apply to NFL Sunday Ticket, and other similar packages such as NBA TV.

As I said before, I think it's pure greed, plain and simple. They want us to pay for the package and see commercials too, which IMO is unfair. And yes, I could use a Tivo, but after paying so much for the NFL package I don't want to pay even more for a Tivo unit.

not talking about ST becasue I slightly agree with you...but commericals in general are definately needed...do you realize that all those commercials pay for TV. We are simply paying a small fee for 100+ channels and that fee is mainly for the equipment to get the feed to our houses...i.e. cable in the cities, recievers, satalite dishes, ect.

imagine how much we COULD be paying for TV

john262 said:
It's obvious you have never worked on a pro sports broadcast or seen what goes on in the booth and the truck at one of these events. The announcers are using this time to take care of things they couln't take care of when their mics are live, and (more importantly) the production crew is getting set for the return to the game. Also, in most cases, the national commercials are fed from the truck on site, as there is no set schedule for commercial breaks in a live, unscripted broadcast such as sports. You have to remember ST is piggybacking on the feeds of CBS and Fox. They are not being produced for the exclusive use of NFL ST.

That would be true IF NFL ST was produced by and for the exclusie use of ST subscribers. See previous comment above.

To me, it sounds like cluelessness. As for Tivo, it's not as if the Tivo can only be used for NFL ST. In fact, given a choice of wathcing almost any program (except breaking news) live or with Tivo, my wife and I would prefer Tivo, so we can skip commercials. Try it, you'll like it, especially if you hate commercials as much as you seem to!

You have to remember ST is piggybacking on the feeds of CBS and Fox. They are not being produced for the exclusive use of NFL ST.
Well if that's the case, why do they charge so damned much for it? If they are charging that much they should be able to afford to do their own productions rather than piggybacking on someone else's, or at least they could insert their own announcers during breaks. If local broadcast network affiliates can insert their own content into network broadcasts on cue, then D* should be able to do the same thing quite seamlessly.

john262 said:
Well if that's the case, why do they charge so damned much for it? If they are charging that much they should be able to afford to do their own productions rather than piggybacking on someone else's, or at least they could insert their own announcers during breaks. If local broadcast network affiliates can insert their own content into network broadcasts on cue, then D* should be able to do the same thing quite seamlessly.

You obviously don't understand the NFL. CBS and FOX pay *billions* for exclusive rights to the games. Then the NFL goes and sells their feeds to the highest bidder (DirecTV) for the out of market package called Sunday Ticket. CBS and FOX don't like it too much because to them it devalues their games because their commercials don't get seen. So the NFL charges big dollar for ST and so far DirecTV has paid it. DirecTV passes most of the cost back to us and thus the increase this year.

And once again, *who is watching commercials with Sunday Ticket?* There are 4-8 other games on to flip to when a commercial comes on. :) That's the whole point!

No, I understand the NFL quite well. It's an outrage that they have to shell out billions for it. As I said, it's geed, pure and simple. They shouldn't have to shell out the billions, and we shouldn't have to shell out hundreds to see these games when we also have to sit through the commercials. Yes, you can surf to another game, but with the huge numbers of commercials they play chances are the other game that you surf to will also have commercials playing. The number of commercials they have on these broadcasts is obscene.

john262 said:
No, I understand the NFL quite well. It's an outrage that they have to shell out billions for it. As I said, it's geed, pure and simple. They shouldn't have to shell out the billions, and we shouldn't have to shell out hundreds to see these games when we also have to sit through the commercials. Yes, you can surf to another game, but with the huge numbers of commercials they play chances are the other game that you surf to will also have commercials playing. The number of commercials they have on these broadcasts is obscene.

Then the advertisers will step into it with their big bucks and realize people are channel surfing during commericals. They will go to the NFL and the broadcasters and make adjustments to the game so that every game has the same commerical running at the same time. The game of football has turned into nothing but GREED, from the players, the owners, the broadcasters and now D*.

I think it was around $139.00 for ST for the entire season a few years ago, this year they are advertising the entire package for $338.00. I wish my pay would have gone up by that percentage during that period of time. The entire blame is not D* but the NFL's. They need to make the package more competitive instead of creating a monopoly with it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)