How much longer do I have to wait for Fox Business Channel?

mitchflorida

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
I trade stocks for a living and this nonsense about Dish not carrying FBN is costing me money. Charlie, get your ass in gear and pay the darn 9 cents a month. If not, me and thousands of others like me will cancel our subscriptions (and A+ credit ratings) so fast it will make your head spin.

Dish Network, you are wearing out my patience!

How is it costing you money?

There are other financial channels on Dish already, all of them report the same stock info. (Although Fox Business Channel did do a big feature yesterday on the "Naked Cowboy")

I am very much plugged into the business events of the day, and FBN has some excellent stock pickers. CNBC has some good shows in the afternoon as well, but I hate the overly insiders chatter that the CNBC talking heads invoke to impress each other.

CNBC is for Wall Street, FBN is for Main Street. I find the CNBC shows during the trading day of little value. . a rehash of the morning's Wall Street Journal.

Why is Charlie sweating the 9 cents for FBN when he goes crazy and spends like a drunken sailor on all of the endless Sports Channels? I don't watch any of them . . there is enough free sports on the 4 networks . . Would love to see him seperate ESPN out of the general tiers . . let him create a sports package for all the sports nuts.

Mitch,

I take it you have the 18 month commitment? You can buy out of it for $13 per remaining month. Given that you are such a high roller I'm sure you can afford it and then switch to DirecTV or Comcast or whatever.

I trade stocks for a living and this nonsense about Dish not carrying FBN is costing me money. Charlie, get your ass in gear and pay the darn 9 cents a month. If not, me and thousands of others like me will cancel our subscriptions (and A+ credit ratings) so fast it will make your head spin.

Another post of blah blah I'm leaving blah blah they better blah blah. 1000's leaving? give me an f'in' break! :rolleyes:
Am I wrong or has Faux Business Network been up for a total of like 2 days?
And did we actually need another thread opened about this channel? Come on!

Also, if FBN is "for main street" then why do they have stock pickers? If the coverage has its emphasis on small businesses and the challenges they face then it is filling a void. But, if their only reason for being is the belief that CNBC is a bunch of liberal elites with liberal bias, and that the remedy for that is to politicize everything and be so far to the right as to make Mussolini blush, then it is doomed to fail and not worth a spot on any service not owned by Mr. Murdoch.

So before FBC was launched, how did you stay in business? And how now that it is launched, you are losing money?

Sounds to me like this is more about your lack of knowledge in your field than what your Satellite provider is offering you.

And if you rely on TV to make your stock decisions, you may consider entering into another field.

Please explain how the quotes on CNBC, CNN, Fox, HNN, or even MSNBC are less accurate or less reliable than what they are apparently showing on Faux Business News?

You obviously don't know much about the stock market. I can get free quotes from my Charles Schwab account. I like to listen to FBN to know what the market sentiment is on a particular industry or stock. There is good money to be made if you know which way the wind is blowing.

FBN will put money in my pocket. CNBC is just a lot of people trying to impress each other with rather obscure trivia. I do like their show Fast Money though . . the rest is just noise.

Fox has snagged Eric Bolling from Fast Money anyway . . and they will be raiding a lot of CNBC talent as their contracts expire. Fox owns the Wall Street Journal as well.

Give me a break... you and everyone else watches these channels. If you really want to make money in those markets you need to have guys in those specific markets, once it comes out on Fox Business it is too late.

Dish is not concerned about what channels will make you more money each day. Actually, they probably would want a specific cut if you are using their service to make money. See: PPV + Sports Bar.

Picking stocks is like buying the latest styles for a woman's clothing store. It doesn't matter what sort of clothes you like, it only matters what other people like. I would rather buy a stock that I hate but other people like , that is how you make money on the market.

So before FBC was launched, how did you stay in business? And how now that it is launched, you are losing money?

Sounds to me like this is more about your lack of knowledge in your field than what your Satellite provider is offering you.

And if you rely on TV to make your stock decisions, you may consider entering into another field.

Excellent points!

I can tell you that by the time the headline or news has hit the networks, it's already been traded on by the big boys. If you need info so badly, pay for a realtime quote package like I do, I gave up depending on TV for my data and info.

I can tell you that by the time the headline or news has hit the networks, it's already been traded on by the big boys. If you need info so badly, pay for a realtime quote package like I do, I gave up depending on TV for my data and info.

Who pays for stock quotes these days? Ameritrade gives free streaming quotes. as does Schwab if you are a good customer of theirs.

Who pays for stock quotes these days? Ameritrade gives free streaming quotes. as does Schwab if you are a good customer of theirs.

I know of a lot of people that pay for these services. Again, the tools that Ameritrade and Schwab give you are only half the information. I can tell you, I am no trader, but I know plenty of people that do, and the majority of them are not getting there information from the tv. These people that now how to trade professionally are dictating what is on the TV. Watch Mad Money some night and watch how one man "Jim Cramer" can totally drive a stock. I would be willing to bet 85% of the people are going by his word alone and probably already missed the curve.

Just my two cents

BTW if there was actual HD news, I wouldnt have to butt in on your conversions :):):)

Picking stocks is like buying the latest styles for a woman's clothing store. It doesn't matter what sort of clothes you like, it only matters what other people like. I would rather buy a stock that I hate but other people like , that is how you make money on the market.

Just about every serious academic paper on the subject shows analyst picks significantly underperforming the market in aggregate. If you want solid long-term returns just buy an index fund.

You are losing money because you can't base your stock purchase decisions on the recommendations of television personalities since making money at the stock market is as easy as listening to the Fox Business Channel and does not require you to do any research whatsoever? You're kidding, right? Seriously, you have to be kidding.

Worst. Logic. Ever.

I bet you're one of those people that buys those penny stocks that are pushed in SPAM emails, aren't you?

Subscribe to The Wall Street Journal online. For $99 a year they will even throw in the print edition. Currently, the best information around unless and until Murdock ruins it with his political crap.

No way a real dealer/broker/trader relies on Fox or any other channel for substantial information on stocks . They will look at the WSJ, but do their own research (that is what they get paid for). A friend of mind who is actually in the business broke out laughing when I showed him your post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts