How Much Longer Will We Have Big Ten Network???

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
February has come and gone and still no word from Dish what will happen with BTN. Last fall when this channel appeared, Dish told us it will be a free preview channel until February of this year unless you live in Big Ten country. I am not sad about it at all, just wondering. I really like this channel. I am in SEC country and hope somehow I will be able to keep this channel. Especially the hd.:)

February has come and gone and still no word from Dish what will happen with BTN. Last fall when this channel appeared, Dish told us it will be a free preview channel until February of this year unless you live in Big Ten country. I am not sad about it at all, just wondering. I really like this channel. I am in SEC country and hope somehow I will be able to keep this channel. Especially the hd.:)

I'm with you. I'm in SEC country, too. Who are you a fan of? I'm closest to UGA, but I've even been known to pull for Auburn (against Florida, of course) and sometimes pull for LSU. I also enjoyed watching Kentucky this past season. I'm also curious about how much longer we will have this channel and since CBS covers most all of the SEC stuff, I've even debated "moving" to keep this network if necessary. There is a lot of baseball and softball coming up later this month. I have four MLB teams in my territory and am hoping it won't come to moving but, if it does, I may just head toward Iowa -- six MLB teams, a couple of NBA and NHL teams and the Big Ten Network. What's not to love? ;)

Cade

Hopefully they will take it off all together.

Yes, lets make comments just for the sake of arguement and not explain yourself in anyway. Why would you HOPE they take it off? Is that channel actually hurting you in anyway, do you have a personal issue with the Big 10 or one of its colleges? Are you one of those people that believe that if they dropped that channel they would add an additional National HD channel? What is it!?

BTN is awsome, I have seen more HD BB games this season for Wisconsin then all my past years combined, not to mention, most of there games are actually on TV now. Nice to see. We as tax payers help support the colleges, we might as well get to see sports from them, thats my opinion. Not to mention anytime you can get any HD channels that don't show the same thing 1,000 times, you should be happy. If you don't like sports, then don't watch or just watch over the air for free. Alot of people like sports, and if you get rid of all the sports channels, your guys bill would probley go way up because the churn rate would sky rocket to D* (including me) I switched from Charter to E* for 2 channels, NFL and BTN. Not to mention the fact they actually have more HD then Charter did.

Q: On what level of service does DISH Network offer the network?

A: DISH Network customers nationwide who subscribe to America's Top 100 and higher will find the Big Ten Network on Channel 439 through March 2008.

Additionally, the satellite provider has also committed to carrying the network's overflow games so subscribers will have access to all Big Ten Network games when multiple games are being produced. Visit Big Ten Network every week to see which games are on an overflow channel, or call DISH Network for more information.

Beginning in March 2008 for DISH customers inside the Big Ten's eight states, DISH Network will move the Big Ten Network from America's Top 100 (AT100) service to its America's Top 100 Plus service (AT100+) where all its regional sports networks are carried. That level of service is the equivalent to expanded basic cable.

Beginning in March 2008 for DISH customers outside the Big Ten's eight states, DISH Network will move the Big Ten Network from AT100 to a level of service to be determined.

This remains consistent with our stance that if you live within the Big Ten footprint, you should be able to receive the Big Ten Network on an expanded basic – or the equivalent – level of service. Outside of the Big Ten region, we are flexible on our carriage terms.

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions - Big Ten Network

BTN is awsome, I have seen more HD BB games this season for Wisconsin then all my past years combined, not to mention, most of there games are actually on TV now. Nice to see. We as tax payers help support the colleges, we might as well get to see sports from them, thats my opinion. Not to mention anytime you can get any HD channels that don't show the same thing 1,000 times, you should be happy. If you don't like sports, then don't watch or just watch over the air for free. Alot of people like sports, and if you get rid of all the sports channels, your guys bill would probley go way up because the churn rate would sky rocket to D* (including me) I switched from Charter to E* for 2 channels, NFL and BTN. Not to mention the fact they actually have more HD then Charter did.

I'm at AT200 right now (so I didn't recently lose the NFL network). However, I've noticed that I watch the Big Ten Network much more than I have the NFL Network and, therefore, would rather have it. I'll wait and see how they move things around after the switch but I don't want to stay without BTN for long (baseball and softball coming up -- then football season). If it takes moving to a Big Ten state to keep it, I'll do it. As I've said in the past, I have considered moving to Iowa for a while (MLB and NHL) and have also moved to Cincy in the past (Bengals) and would consider it again for the network.

Cade

LOL... I have a lot at stake (or so I like to tell myself) and couldn't consider that kind of move for just one channel. :D:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)