How much regular radio do you listen to vs. Satellite radio?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Now that I've had my Sirius for 5 months, I've noticed that I very rarely switch over to regular radio.

So I decided to do a poll....
What percentage of your listening is regular radio vs. XM/Sirius

-none.....all my presets are set to Sirius/XM
-a little bit
-25%
-50/50
-more than 75%
-alot..why do I have a Sirius/XM?

I chose "little bit"

Mostly I listen to Sirius, but I do flip over to the radio for UMD hockey and since I am close enough to WCCO's 50K watt AM thunderstick, for the Twins games (since Sirius doesnt have MLB)

I voted little because on some rare occasions when I take my unit into the house, the next day I need to run a quick an errand and I actually forget it (WHAT A SIN!) I am then FORCED to tune to an OTA station. I then punish myself by skipping that morning's latte.

Had a scary moment this aft... the antenna wire got pulled out of the connector on my pnp. I had to skin the rubber off of it and put it back in... it works... I just got through putting JB quick weld on it as I'm gonna need it for the trip to work in a little while and the trip back in in the morning..(72mile round trip)

I Vote 0%

I don't listen to regular radio AT all anymore. Between this, Podcasts and DVR's I'm commercial free 100% of the time. I also would note since getting Sirius, I went from the newstations during my drive, to listening in the car, in the garage, on dishnetwork etc. I've got it on all weekend while working in the garage. Since I've discovered Podcasts of stuff I LOVE, I have been listening slightly less in the car.

Jim

I'm a none. The only time I ever hear regular radio is when I accidentally hit the button that cycles the source.

wow, satellite radio has really taken off for us tech heads. I voted 'little bit' for the same reason as IceB. Sirius dominates my work sled, XM on my personal sled. Only time I catch regular radio is for the local Sports News scene and my favorite local teams.

I keep checking the FM band, and keep finding myself sorely disappointed.. so its Sirius all the way for me! I dont even switch to FM at all anymore, I just by habit hit source twice to skip over it.. Its all because the last rock station anywhere near me, switched to sports talk radio.. now all I get is Rap, and Pop.

ultatryon said:
I keep checking the FM band, and keep finding myself sorely disappointed.. so its Sirius all the way for me!
same here

I dont even switch to FM at all anymore, I just by habit hit source twice to skip over it.. Its all because the last rock station anywhere near me, switched to sports talk radio.. now all I get is Rap, and Pop.
bummer :(

I decided to get Sirius when I had to drive from Duluth (for the hockey game) to the lake house 100 miles away and once you get out of Duluth all it is for radio is country...all 3 channels :(

All 4 presets are to the Sirius FM transmitter freq's on my Audiovox PNP2.

Sometimes I get FM bleedover on 88.1, 88.3, 88.5, and 88.7 when travelling in Northwest ARkysaw(Home of Wally-world). Everywhere else, it seems to be ok on one of the 4.

(Until I get under the dash and install the antenna switch)

Then I can unscrew the AM/FM antenna and throw it away. :D

Mark_AR said:
All 4 presets are to the Sirius FM transmitter freq's on my Audiovox PNP2.

That's funny Mark...thats's what I meant in the "none" option :D

I have mine set to 97.7 (can do the whole FM spectrum) and the only issue I have is when I drive from the Twin Cities to Duluth. About 15 miles south of Duluth in Cloquet, there is a low powered station on 97.7 that can mess up the Sirius.

I picked 50/50. Being halfway between Chicago & Milwaukee, I do get tons of good radio stations. Am, listen to a local FM Morning show & afternoons have to listen to Mac, Jurko & Harry on ESPN 1000. But I now set my computer to XM & listen during the day. Weekends I find myself om MLB alot, listening to other games if the Sox aren't on.

I picked None. Ever since I heard Sirius on Dish Network, I was hooked. Dont have any pre-set's in the car, mine's on the Aux in-put. Cant have it going thru the FM tuner, what good would that be? Sure is nice driving 600 miles listening to the same channel/station. Sirius get's my vote for sure!!

only use FM to listen to Howard Stern in the morning, otherwise it's all Sirius. and of course in January i won't need the FM for Stern, so i'll be 100% satellite.

i thought i would switch back and forth between AM/FM and satellite when i got the Sirius in february, but that hasn't been the case. astounding that a city as large and diverse as Los Angeles can have such utterly crappy radio. i don't miss a bit of it.

The local radio around here blows. The only decent FM station here is a rock station, and they play "Sweet Home Alabama" no lie, like 5 times a day. It's like a local thing and it drives me batty.

The one time I tried to switch back out of boredoms sake.. i tuned in and sweet home alabama was on again. I haven't flipped over since.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)