How much signal quality should I expect

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Swamp_Rat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
South Florida
I am in south Florida and have the Fortec 1.8m What kind of signal quality should I expect with 4DTV 922?
The stronger sats like W5 and G3 during peak times get close to 80% and the weaker like C3 and C4 are in the high 50's. Am I close to where it should be or should it be higher?

I don't know that you'll get much higher with a 1.8m dish. When I had the 922 with my 10 footer, I pretty much pegged the meter on those sats. You may be able to make very fine adjustments to your skew and bump them up a little higher though. The ones in the 80's shouldn't give you trouble regardless, but the ones in the 50's could potentially give you some issue when the temperature starts getting hotter. Depending on your lnb's the stability can get a little iffy in the summertime dropping the quality numbers. At least that was my experience when I was using a smaller dish. Hopefully someone with the same dish as you can chime in with some more info.

My 7.5' mesh pegs at 99 for most birds with a couple of weaker ones dropping to 65-75. That's with a DSR-922.

I think I have tweaked everything I can out of them. The ones that were in the 50's I have gotten into the high 50's to low 60's and the ones that were in the low 80's are now up to around 85.
Mike, I don't know how much hotter it will get as it is supposed to be in the 90's here today until this next front comes.
At least I'm in line as far as what I should expect from a 6' and my location.
Thanks for the help,

Marty

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)