How much will I pay for this setup?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bertbarndoor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Just wondering what my monthly bill will look like for the following setup. Please note, none of the receivers will be hooked up to phonelines as I am on cell & skype-out only.

Two HD PVR 622s
1 HD 211

Just wondering, how many $5 no phone line hook-up charges I will have to pay.
Also wondering if any extra tuner fees apply.
Any other issues?

Thanks!

I should mention I am going for the top package plus movie channels.

-Rob :confused:

You will need to purchase the 211 because dish only allows 4 leased tuners. Not sure about phone connections. I have a 622 and 2- 211 receivers. HD platinum,cbs hd, and wor network and my bill is just under $115./mo. Ron:)

you will pay $5 for each dual tuner not connected to a phone line.
You will pay a lease or an additional receiver fee if you own, not both.
I have a 942/622/510 on plat with locals, pay 104.99+6 lease (622) + 5 arf (510), so add at least another $10 with no phone lines. No fee for 942 (owned) as it's my primary receiver
See post 2 of http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=32421 has summary of fees.

Last edited:
I assume I will have to buy all as I will be doing my own install. So I think the lease is out (I've been told a pro must install if leasing).

Therefore,

I assume I will pay the $5 x 3 = $15 since all three receivers will not be on the line. Is that it then? No, extra receiver fee if I own all of them?

Thanks,

Rob:eek:

bertbarndoor said:
I assume I will have to buy all as I will be doing my own install. So I think the lease is out (I've been told a pro must install if leasing).

Therefore,

I assume I will pay the $5 x 3 = $15 since all three receivers will not be on the line. Is that it then? No, extra receiver fee if I own all of them?

Thanks,

Rob:eek:
Let's try and make it simple. Owned equipment no phone lines.

211 main receiver no fee except programming.
1st 622 $5.00 additional tuner
2ndtuner $5.00 additional tuner fee
2nd 622 $5.00 additional tuner
2nd tuner$5.00 additional tuner fee
Total additional tuner fees $20.00/mo.

DISH HD Platinum $99.99/mo.
DVR fees $0.00 w/Platinum
Local channels 5.00/mo.
Total $124.99 plus any applicable taxes.:)

you don't pay additional tuner you pay additional receiver.
For HD receivers you pay $6 each aditional receive ($12) so it's not $20. In addition you wil pay $10, $5 for each 622 (for no phone line on each).

So it would be 12 (addnt rcvr x 2 ) + 10 ( no phone x 2) = 22 + 104.99 = 126.99

gbjbany said:
you don't pay additional tuner you pay additional receiver.
For HD receivers you pay $6 each aditional receive ($12) so it's not $20. In addition you wil pay $10, $5 for each 622 (for no phone line on each).

So it would be 12 (addnt rcvr x 2 ) + 10 ( no phone x 2) = 22 + 104.99 = 126.99

I thought Dish let you have 4 receivers (or is that only if you lease?). I'm just wondering why they consider it additional? Anyhow, I would be no phone x3 wouldn't I? Two 622s and one 211. So to me, based on the info I've read here, wouldn't the logic be:

211 - Main receiver, no phone $5
622 - Additional receiver $6, no phone $5
-------------------------------------
Subtotal extra charges $27
Programming - 104.99
Total $131.99

bertbarndoor said:
I thought Dish let you have 4 receivers (or is that only if you lease?). I'm just wondering why they consider it additional? Anyhow, I would be no phone x3 wouldn't I? Two 622s and one 211. So to me, based on the info I've read here, wouldn't the logic be:

211 - Main receiver, no phone $5
Subtotal extra charges $27
Programming - 104.99
Total $131.99
No phone fee only applies to dual tuners so $126.99 should be correct but DISH will determine your bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)