How sensitive is the OTA tuner on the H10?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
grydlok said:
A 4X8 in your attic will get really HOT. I think your install is jacked up, but no one will probaly really fix it at a service call price.

So you would recommend that the 4x8 go outside, under the 2nd story gutter (sitting on top of the inside of the soffit vent)? What do I need to have done to "really fix it"?

bigpro said:
I live in Columbia off 175 between 108 and 32. I used a diplexer to feed the rabbit ears into and ran a cable along my fence to the back of my yard. Just by placing the rabbit ears on my fence and pointed per antennaweb.org, I can get near every channel. If I move them to the top of my shed (about 7 feet), I get more. I do have to re-orient the rabbit ears depending on if I'm trying to get DC or Baltimore. I've tried, but haven't found one position that gets them all perfectly.
I picked up one of those flat antennas at Radio Shack for 50 bucks with a built in amp. Can't even get above 20 on any one channel. My rabbit ears kick its a$$.
There are a lotta trees around me as well. I do think we're on one of the higher points in Columbia, for whatever that's worth.
Got a Squareshooter 2 pointed at DC and just got the new Sharpshooter pointed at Balt and I'm getting all stations within acceptable sig strenth. Sorry lovswr, I'll get off you're thread now. Good luck.--Ray

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts