How soon to return leased equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Walker1

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2005
Hi, I have a lease with Dish that's up on June 6, 2007. Does anyone know how soon dish needs the receiver back so I will not incurr any new charges and does Dish send a pre paid mailing label? Thanks.

I will be as cable gave me a 12 month promo that was perfect for my needs.

Once you disconnect, Dish will ship you boxes and labels. Once you receive the boxes, ship back the receivers the same day. Make sure you keep a copy of the tracking numbers just incase Dish misplaces the receiver.

Once you disconnect, Dish will ship you boxes and labels. Once you receive the boxes, ship back the receivers the same day. Make sure you keep a copy of the tracking numbers just incase Dish misplaces the receiver.

You have 15 days after a disconnect to send it back, do keep the tracking numbers as suggested.

I've heard different timeframes but I had heard 15 days after you receive the boxes from them to return the equipment in. They know when you get the boxes....

I didn't take the chance. I returned the equipment at my own cost the day after cancelling. When they rec'd it, I called and confirmed with them that they'd rec'd it and had the account noted as such.

You(or the person under contract) will receive an automated phone call shortly after your service is canceled informing you that boxes will be mailed with UPS shipping labels and intructions. You have 30 days to return lease equipment before charges are made to your credit card. If you don't receive your boxes within seven days contact Dish. It would be wise to promptly ship back boxes and keep UPS tracking numbers for future reference......if needed.

i shut off a receiver a while back took them 3 weeks just to get me a box, but ok i just made them make a note of it in my account record saying i havent received the boxes yet, once the boxes showed up shipped them out 2 days later.. no charge

I've heard different timeframes but I had heard 15 days after you receive the boxes from them to return the equipment in. They know when you get the boxes....

I didn't take the chance. I returned the equipment at my own cost the day after cancelling. When they rec'd it, I called and confirmed with them that they'd rec'd it and had the account noted as such.

15 days is what CSRs are told, and told to tell customers. This keeps the customers from stretching out timelines that result in charges. DISH expects most customers to wait until the 15th day (and they do) understanding it takes about a week for UPS to return equipment ground shipped. The actual charges appear at day 23 and 30 depending on other factors. But if you wait until day 23 and 30 to send the equipment, the charges will already be on the account by day 24/31.

One thing that was correct however was the tracking numbers. You REALLY want to keep those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)