How straight is straight for a post?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ussexplroer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
So after I adjusted the post and added additional support. I took a level out and stuck it against the post. Now the bubble was between the two line. No matter front or left or right. Now the bubble though being between the two lines was slightly toward the one line. Not dead on. The bubble in the top of the post included the same thing. But in order for me to adjust it just a tad. I would have to move the side mounts over and since I started with it center and put the mounts on. This is were everything with motor seemed to settle. So thus once again between the two lines on the level. just a tadd over one way. Not exactly between the two lines.
As before I seem to be hitting more satellites in the arc.

Plus I'm sure I'm still off since I still don't show anything in order if I use usals.

Good enough? Answer would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Josh

if your within 1/16th of an inch over 4ft your not going to get any better then that. even an 1/8th of an inch you'll probably be fine depending on the size of dish and the type.

as long at it's between the marks on level, and you are getting all the satellites in the arc that you can at a decent percentage it should be good enough for you. I used to have plumb problems with the roof mount from Sadoun. It would slip out of plumb on occassion, ever so slightly, even though it was suppossedly suppossed to always be plumb. I fixed the problem with a couple of extra supporting screws placed on roof a foot or two to the side and up the slop of the house from where the pole was, and tied those screws to the pole via some copper wire wrapped around screw several times, up through holes in the pole, and back down, just to pull a little more tension on there and keep it a little more level than gravity was tending to make it go... doing similar support things if your pole leans a little bit may fix the problem, whether mounted on roof or on ground?...

If the bubble is between the lines, you should be fine. Best if it is right in the middle. If the pole is 1 degree or more out of level, it will impact the Clarke belt tracking.

In our installs, we usually use a Johnson Level Inclinometer to verify the mast angles

Levels are a little more interpretation than science.
I believe the tools used to build the pyramids came closer to what an inclinometer does.
I got one. Inclinometer - not pyramid. :)
Made my life easier.
Takes away the guess-work.

Naw.
That's just a rumor....
...started by a race of space-traveling snakes...

Bastards!
Always trying to steal the thunder of lesser races!

I heard somewhere they were built by a race of space-travelling snakes. :)

Well, they say the pyramids line up perfectly with some stars or galaxies (can't remember), so it must have been built by aliens (maybe illigal aliens from out of space :D )...

the real question is what happend to the dishes they used at the pyramids to contact the mother ship. One of those babies would be nice to have for picking up c-band.

...he said, with a straight face...

I think they used multifaceted, corner-reflector technology, based on some sort of crystalline structure.
Looks like they left a few behind...
Way more efficient when you wanted to reach the mother-craft way out there in the void.
Any old round/parabolic dish would work for trivial things like planetary-orbital communications.

Pyramids...Planet and star alignment?

Ahhhhh.......Now I understand what you do with your TV time.........You all watch Doc Scott!

:eureka :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts