How strong of a signal do I need?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Arkapigdiesel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Northwest Arkansas
I'm setting up a Phase III 3 LNB and I'm running into an issue with trees. If I can get 80 on 101, 83 on 110, and 84 on 119 should I be fine if it storms? TIA.

The lower the value the more susceptible you will be when a thunderstorm rolls in. You should be able to get your signals into the 90s on 101. If you really are having trouble with trees, you'll see fluctuations in the readings.

Not really, but 101 and 119 have spot beams that could be 0 or low in your area. what I've done is pick the lowest TP, not spot beam, and tweak it for the highest you can get. With the Phase III dish do this with a TP on 110. Once you have one of those peaked, then check the other two sats. To then tweak those, very carefully and slowly change the tilt. Remember that it is very important for the mast to be plumb.

I don't know where you are located, but if the leaves are currently off the trees, or mostly off, your signals will drop to almost nothing when they come back in the spring.

I had to move a Dish Network dish once because of that. (I knew going in it would be temporary.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)