How to aquire Google TV through Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The 922 search already searches what is on your DVR, what is coming up in the guide, and DISHONLINE. So all this really adds is internet content, right? But it still has to get the online content from somewhere. Where exactly is it going to find all of the John Wayne movies to play them seamlessly? Is there a cost for what it finds online?

It looks like Google and DISH found a way to charge for a cost for finding shows online. It's called the new monthly $4.00 google fee. I'll pass on this new tech. The sling tech still doesn't work well on the 922 and it doesn't even reliably record shows that it's set for. Still no archiving to external hard drive and I 've had this box since May 6th or 5 months now. NO MORE NEW TECH till DISH fixes the 922.

The 922 search already searches what is on your DVR, what is coming up in the guide, and DISHONLINE. So all this really adds is internet content, right? But it still has to get the online content from somewhere. Where exactly is it going to find all of the John Wayne movies to play them seamlessly? Is there a cost for what it finds online?

Q: Where does it come from? A: The Internet.
Q: How does it find content? A: Google search or specially built apps from content providers or open-source programmers (like any other Android device).
Q: Does it cost extra? A: Does it cost you extra when you view it in your regular browser? Well there ya go. Netflix Instant Watch cost a monthly fee. Hulu is free w/ads and also for $$$ with Hulu Plus. GoogleTV just brings it all to one place - Your TV.

generally like Netflix a minimum speed of 1.5 is required for proper playback--Amazon is the same -go to their websites and you will find the requirements

Dish is extremely smart to get into a partnership this early w/ Google. They were smart when they partnered w/ Slingbox and this shows they're very 'forward-thinking'. They couldn't get the content providers to play ball w/ their HD a-la-carte intiative...so here's a nice little potential end run.

I had a service tech out to the house over the weekend to repair a line and had a brief conversation w/ him about GoogleTV. He said that it had incited a rather odd mix of excitement and fear within the ranks...they recognize that IPTV and the web in general is "the enemy" and this move is a rather rash one no matter which way it plays out.

Personally, I think Google and Dish make good bedfellows from a customer point-of-view. Solid OTA/Sat content that the web still can't match, great DVR functionality and placeshifting via Dish/Sling's established tech services...and now, the web, integrated into that ecosystem.

Now they only need a solid wireless internet partner (4G/LTE) to help those rural folk out w/ broadband (the tech admitted that's still the Achillies heel w/ Dish) and they'd have a full set of solutions for fluid content consumption.

According to google hulu will be on google tv the real question is will dish allow it?

Rumor has it that google tv will get vudu and amazon. Will dish allow these service on their box? Will dish allow the dvr to be used with these services?

I was watching a variety of shows online at dishonline.com and noticed that a few of them were streamed directly from hulu.com themselves.

You will be able to surf the internet with Google TV. It has a Google Chrome browser. Also next year, you will be able to install Android apps to Google TV. Just like the current Droid phones. You will be able to use Netflix Instant Streaming on it as well.

Time to unplug the internet. TV is for TV. Computers are for internet. Don't need no viruses on my DVR!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)