How to avoid the CSR's

deacon70

Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
This is a real simple request: My current receiver is on it's last legs, looking to replace it with a VIP622 or VIP722. The problem is I can not seem to get past the United Nations of CSR's.

Idea's on how to go around this, would be welcome.
Was an industrial instructor for many years and worked with a lot of foreign customers, but this is beyond making sense over the phones

Would very much like to talk to the CSR"S, just can't understand them. Plus their stories keep changing, hard to figure out the real story when you can't understand what the heck most of them are saying

Would very much like to talk to the CSR"S, just can't understand them. Plus their stories keep changing, hard to figure out the real story when you can't understand what the heck most of them are saying

Deacon, try calling this # 1-888-609-5972. It was a number to call for upgrading to 622/722's that was still active last week and I was able to speak with a polite American young man that helped me out. His name was Jason & his I.D. was ***. I'm pretty sure the call will stay stateside & that's about half the battle. Good luck!:rolleyes:
Ed

Last edited by a moderator:

You mean they do not tell the truth and dish does not hold them accountable. Something needs to change. I had the same problem last week. If you cannot speak English you should not be able to work here.:)

uh, they arnet working over here. they are working over there. like across the seas. face it, if every worker was here in america, you would be then on here whining about the new increases in E* prices. then you would have two choices. go to d*, pay less, and go back to dealing with overseas call centers. or even go to time warner, cox, or comcast, and also get overseas call centers. its everywhere. with your cellphones, computers, and more. unless you are willing to actually pony up the extra cost that will come with getting an american in the seat of every phone, stop crying. or how about this, go to your local mall. find a radio shack. upgrade there. but hey, what will you most likely find in the radio shack, here in america, yep... some guy name habiib working it.

Funny, when I called dish to upgrade to a 722 just after they came out I dealt with a very pleasant young lady from, I believe, the far off land of Oklahoma. I called on a Tuesday morning - perhaps time of day has something to do with where your call is routed. She was polite and knowledgeable - or at least she knew what I needed, the latest promotion, and how to package it cheaper than I would have.

Anyhow, why worry about who might answer the phone? If you don't care for who's on the other end of the "your call is important to us" machine, hang up and try again later.:D

exactly volts. play the csr roulette game. thanks for the oklahoma compliment there. our center actually does take a lot of pride in our quality. we are one of the few that get our bonuses ranked on quality and knowledge and call times, so we bust hard at it. most other centers focus only on times, not the other two.

Was I whining? sorry, was just stating a fact that Dish is hurting it's self just like Dell did. I have no problem paying for service and guess who I will give my business too. Dell suffered a major drop in their business because of poor on-line or phone service. Funny, my cell service is USA based and their prices a no higher than the rest of the crowd.

Trust me we all have better things to do than play with the telephone lottery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)