How to cancel Protection

It is probably easier to call the 800 number. Last time I discontinued it, it required a call but that has been some time.

Make sure you have had the plan for at least 120 days or you'll pay a hefty fee.

When logged into mydish.com, click "My Programming" on the left, click "A La Carte", and then uncheck Protection Plan. Then click the "Recalculate" button under proposed changes to ensure that there's no early termination charge. Then click "Continue" and you're done.

Thank you. I never looked under A La Carte before and that was all that I needed. It cancelled with no penality.
Barry

What happened to CALL and cancel? Oh, I forgot, we don't use phones to TALK on anymore. :(

Let us know if Guido Ergen pays you a call, wanting his protection money. ;)

What happened to CALL and cancel? Oh, I forgot, we don't use phones to TALK on anymore. :(
Nope, and it didn't start with cell phones...it started with touch-tone menu trees. I prefer to use my phone to talk with, but given a choice between a website and a phone menu tree to get to a live person who may or may not know what they are doing, the website will win every time.

Last edited:
Lol... Charlie sends his guys to your home to collect protection money to stop Direct TV from bothering you........ :)

Umm, OK??? Must be some joke I'm not in on, cause I can make so sense of it.

Mob protection.... When they come to your business to collect "protection money.".....

navychop said:
Humor.

Certainly NOT flaming. Welcome to SatGuys. As you read more posts, including mine, I think you'll see I never knowingly flame,

Navy, I thought it was funny. The thread is about dropping protection and you added humor. I always appreciate humor. For someone to think it's flaming is just silly.

FTR, I am part cicillian and found the joke to be tasteful and clever.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Nope, and it didn't start with cell phones...it started with touch-tone menu trees. I prefer to use my phone to talk with, but given a choice between a website and a phone menu tree to get to a live person who may or may not know what they are doing, the website will win every time.

Exactly. Some people love to hear themselves talk, some love to be heard by someone else in the room talking on the phone, some people have a hearing problem that makes it hard to understand the other end on the phone, and others simply would prefer to use a web site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)