How to change local channel market

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chap3021

Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Pennsylvania
Friends of mine have Direct Tv and they told me how they changed their service address but kept their billing address the same, now they get the Pittsburgh networks instead of Ohio networks. Seemed simple and easy so I tried it with Dish. Gave them an address from Pittsburgh and said I was moving there for work but my wife was staying at the current billing address to keep the bills going there. They said okay and did a test and found the location I gave them didn't have Dish Installed there. How can I get around this?

You tell them there IS already the correct dish on the house & you have already hooked it up & it all works properly.
(You DID tell them you were moving to your "other" house, right ;) ;) )
You then say to change the physical addy, so that then they will change your locals & they should just do it.
If not, call back & play CSR roulette until you get one that cooperates... ;)

Yes I said that the new location already has it and I am just moving in. She ran a test or something and said that she wasn't seeing the place as having service installation there already and she had to send me to a loyalty department to see if they could change it. I said I would check and get back to them. I did this all via the chat box on Dish website. Do they normally check to see if there is installation there?

You don't have to provide any explanation (the less you have to explain the better). Just tell them you moved, everything is working fine at the new address and just need your locals activated. That's it. Make sure you're within the spotbeam.

Occasionally some CSRs may start asking too many questions, just close the chat window and try again.

Go Penguins !

You don't have to provide any explanation (the less you have to explain the better). Just tell them you moved, everything is working fine at the new address and just need your locals activated. That's it. Make sure you're within the spotbeam.

Occasionally some CSRs may start asking too many questions, just close the chat window and try again.

Go Penguins !

If I only I could do the same thing with my wife. Close the chat window and try again...

I RV 6+ months a year with a Dish Receiver. When I get somewhere I have to change my "permanent address" with DISH network to get local channels. When I get back to my half time house, I have to change my permanent address again. Done this many times. Is there any way to keep the spot beam on your main home when changing locals to your RV? I have 3 receivers but only bring 1 in the RV. Thanks for any help.

Yes I said that the new location already has it and I am just moving in. She ran a test or something and said that she wasn't seeing the place as having service installation there already and she had to send me to a loyalty department to see if they could change it. I said I would check and get back to them. I did this all via the chat box on Dish website. Do they normally check to see if there is installation there?

yea they check the system. for an install there it would come up as a Re-connect work order, as in, somebody already had service there instead of a new connect. also, if you aren't within a few hundred miles of Pittsburgh you may not be inside the radius that the locals are broadcast to.

The address you provide needs to be semi-legit, the street and zip would be real but you will make up a number and add an apartment number. That way it won't be in their system.

I have never understood with DTV you can give them 1234 (your) last name. and the zip and BINGO you are good to go. For some reason with DISH it has to be am almost legit address...They all seem to make such deal out of it...but you know of any customer who has really got in any trouble over it.

WHY does Dish have make it so difficult... i think its more about dealers using fake address to flip cusotmers.

I RV 6+ months a year with a Dish Receiver. When I get somewhere I have to change my "permanent address" with DISH network to get local channels. When I get back to my half time house, I have to change my permanent address again. Done this many times. Is there any way to keep the spot beam on your main home when changing locals to your RV? I have 3 receivers but only bring 1 in the RV. Thanks for any help.

No, you are only allowed the locals in your dma, if you tell Dish, you need one set on some receivers and another set on another, they will figure you are account stacking and will shut off all your recievers.

Friends of mine have Direct Tv and they told me how they changed their service address but kept their billing address the same, now they get the Pittsburgh networks instead of Ohio networks. Seemed simple and easy so I tried it with Dish. Gave them an address from Pittsburgh and said I was moving there for work but my wife was staying at the current billing address to keep the bills going there. They said okay and did a test and found the location I gave them didn't have Dish Installed there. How can I get around this?
It is people like you who screw up the content here, and screw up Dish, making it all harder for the loyal subscribers --

I have never understood with DTV you can give them 1234 (your) last name. and the zip and BINGO you are good to go. For some reason with DISH it has to be am almost legit address...They all seem to make such deal out of it...but you know of any customer who has really got in any trouble over it.

WHY does Dish have make it so difficult... i think its more about dealers using fake address to flip cusotmers.
A) Retailers as you noted. Fraud basically.
B) Inaccurate numbers for DMA's as to subs in area reported.
C) It's not legal and they're liable for this.
D) When customers change their physical address to get a different DMA and then request someone to come out to their home to fix an issue, they often get sent to a wrong address (in a completely different town/state/area) and it escalates.

Ultimately, it's wrong to do this as it puts everyone E* and the customer in jeopardy.

Does anyone 'get in trouble'? Not really but if you're found to be doing this, your account will be locked and limited. You could be subject to (at your own cost) home verifications, programming change limitations etc;

It is people like you who screw up the content here, and screw up Dish, making it all harder for the loyal subscribers --

Explain why you think this guy is screwing it up for anyone.. He is asking a question.. A question about something that according to the board rules here is ok to be asking about as well as many out here choose to do.

yea they check the system. for an install there it would come up as a Re-connect work order, as in, somebody already had service there instead of a new connect. also, if you aren't within a few hundred miles of Pittsburgh you may not be inside the radius that the locals are broadcast to.

Pittsburgh channels are nationwide (CONUS) at 77w and on a spotbeam from129w.

I think you need to rethink that remark.. Most Retailers are extremely honest.. There are bad apples in everything.. I know Dish Installers selling stuff out of the back of their van, but I don't say Basically all Dish Installers are dishonest..
they would not have to sell stuff out of there van if the retailers were not ripping them off....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)