How to change polarity manually?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hazelwood

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
St. Louis, Mo
I have a Chaparral feed horn that controls the polarity of the LNB with a servo motor and the motor is bad.
I'm switching to a voltage controlled LNB but I'd like to switch it from H to V in the meantime.
I've taken the old servo motor off and there's a shaft there.
Does anyone know which way and how far to turn the shaft to switch polarity?

Same thing happened to me. I took off the motor and sealed up the outside with a blob of butyl rubber that remains plastic to hold the sensor in a fixed position and stop water from getting inside. With the shaft fixed I peaked the lnb and marked the outside of the lnb and the scalar ring so that I could reposition it quickly after adjusting. I now use that lnb for a satellite where I am only interested in one polarity. Works great.

Same thing happened to me. I took off the motor and sealed up the outside with a blob of butyl rubber that remains plastic to hold the sensor in a fixed position and stop water from getting inside. With the shaft fixed I peaked the lnb and marked the outside of the lnb and the scalar ring so that I could reposition it quickly after adjusting. I now use that lnb for a satellite where I am only interested in one polarity. Works great.

Good idea.
I'm using a cordless drill to move it until my V-box comes in.
Just want to watch galaxy 11 V tomorrow and Sunday and I have it set on H.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)