How to confirm weekly program download on VIP 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
I was searching ahead in the onscreen program guide of my VIP 622 Friday, and discovered that the onscreen guide only showed programming through the following Sunday. I tried finding a menu button to determine the date of the last download, with no success. Anyone know if there is such an information location, and how to get there? Thanks in advance for any help.

Push the DVR button three times and you'll be in the "Daily Schedule" menu. Just start paging UP to see what has been previously recorded.

Push the DVR button three times and you'll be in the "Daily Schedule" menu. Just start paging UP to see what has been previously recorded.

Sorry, not exactly what I need. I would like to see the programming grid that is upcoming for the following nine days. I'm good with what I have recorded. Thanks.

My understandibg is that it is updated daily to add the next subsequent day 9. I do not know if it updates new info for say days 4 or 5 or only for the new day 9.

You can force a new download by unplugging the receiver from the wall & letting it reboot & download guide again.

Sorry, not exactly what I need. I would like to see the programming grid that is upcoming for the following nine days. I'm good with what I have recorded. Thanks.

Actually it was what you were looking for, you just need to push down instead of up and you'll see what is scheduled for the next nine days. :)

Isn't he just looking for the EPG for the next 9 days, not the schedule of recordings for the next 9 days?

My understandibg is that it is updated daily to add the next subsequent day 9. I do not know if it updates new info for say days 4 or 5 or only for the new day 9.

You can force a new download by unplugging the receiver from the wall & letting it reboot & download guide again.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I know I had programming ahead to at least 2/23, but I had to recycle power Wednesday because of an audio dropout and screen freeze, did not check then to see if it had affected the nine day schedule. It had, right now I am only good to 2/18.

Ah, sorry for the confusion. The best way to force an EPG download is to do a check switch (menu 6, 1, 1 checkswitch). After it completes exit out of the menu and a guide download will take place.

Ah, sorry for the confusion. The best way to force an EPG download is to do a check switch (menu 6, 1, 1 checkswitch). After it completes exit out of the menu and a guide download will take place.

Excellent! Sounds less dramatic than a power recycle:) And, it works.

Guess "Program" could mean many things.:)
To see what he has programmed into the receiver.
Pickup a copy of the program at the opra tonight.

Anyway.... On the ViP 622

To Force a Download:

1. Menu, 8 (brings you to the PREFERENCES screen)
2. Get the current time from above right of the picture
3. Press 5 (brings you to the UPDATES screen)
4. Change the time to the current time plus 1 minute, 2 if you're slow)
5. Move to DONE
6. Press Select, Cancel, Cancel, and Power (Sat) (this will turn off the Sat, but leave TV on to watch the lines)
7. Wait 1 minute and the system will do its thing, including downloads, reboot, and acquiring satellite. Wait a couple of minutes before powering the system back up.

NOTE: I don't think the 9-day program guide is continuously upgraded throughout the day, but is only updated once or twice. In other words, trying to force a new download a couple of hours apart may not download any new data.

And to Check the Last Date and Time of Update:

1. Menu, 6, 3 (brings you to the DIAGNOSTICS screen)
2. Up button 1 time (brings you to COUNTERS)
3. Select (performs DIAGNOSTIC TESTS)
4. Page Down button 3 times (brings you right past the HDD Temperatures)
5. 07) Fsck: 1 :02-17-07 2:47 am

Yea, I changed mine to just before 3 am, it seems the kids are always recording "kid appropriate" programming at 3:00 am.:)

And to Check the Last Date and Time of Update:

1. Menu, 6, 3 (brings you to the DIAGNOSTICS screen)
2. Up button 1 time (brings you to COUNTERS)
3. Select (performs DIAGNOSTIC TESTS)
4. Page Down button 3 times (brings you right past the HDD Temperatures)
5. 07) Fsck: 1 :02-17-07 2:47 am

Yea, I changed mine to just before 3 am, it seems the kids are always recording "kid appropriate" programming at 3:00 am.

Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin' about:D

Thought so. :)

I don't know what the codes mean on that screen, but I do remember awhile back someone listed a couple of them. Maybe someone will post exactly what happens when it does its update at the time you set. :cool:

I have the same problem with my 622, the EPG only goes out 7 days and not 9. I contacted E* and they told me to hold the power button down so it will reboot. The problem wasn't fixed doing that. I will try what lakebum431 suggested when I get home (I'm in Orlando this weekend doing the Universal Studio thing :D ).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts