How to Connect a 1000.2 to 4 receivers

johnhicks

Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
McCall, ID
Does anyone know of a splitter that will accept the stacked signal from a 1000.2 dish and distribute it to 4 recievers? If I run 3 RG6's to a DPP44 I exceed the length requirement before I reach a point to power the DPP44. Sorry I'm just part time.

Uhhhhhh..... your 1000.2 will need three separate DP Duals/Singles at the dish to run to the DPP44.

Dish says max length is 200' from receiver to Dish.

There are not "splitters", just switches.

Do not put the 1k.2 into a dpp44 switch. It will burn out very very quickly.

Grab a W bracket, 3 dp duals, and a dpp44 switch. u will be set. dont even need to repeak it.

Really? I've had a 1.2k into a DPP44 switch for more than a year with no problems.

You would think the Tech. Portal should update their info then.

From the Tech. Portal:

General Information
DISH 1000.2 allows customers to receive programming from three orbital locations; 110°, 119°, and 129° using a dish antenna size similar in size to DISH 500. DISH 1000.2 will display 1k.2 as the device and DPP 1000.2 as the LNBF when a Check Switch test has been run.

Dimensions:

1 5/8" mounting mast (Slightly longer then the DISH 1000)
20.7"h x 25.9"w dish face

Standard Configuration:
DISH 1000.2 includes a DPP 1000.2 integrated LNBF - no switch needed for up to three receivers.
DPP 1000.2 integrated LNBF; 110°, 119°, 129°

Connect the three output ports of the DP Plus 1000.2 LNBF to a DISH Pro Plus 44 switch for an additional receiver. When connected to a DPP44 switch using 3 cables, the LNBF provides signal from 110°, 119°, and 129°.

The LNB input port is disabled if the Integrated LNBF is connected to a DPP44 switch; the 4th orbital in this configuration would have to be connected via the switch..
NOTE: The DP34 and DP21 switches cannot be used in any installation with the DP Plus 1000.2 LNBF.

Valid Receiver combinations include:

Any DISH Pro or DISH Pro Plus Receiver
Up to three DISH Pro Plus Receivers each with DISH Pro Plus Separators for the single-cable installation advantage.
One Legacy Receiver with at least one DISH Pro or DISH Pro Plus Receiver

Receivers NOT compatible with DISH 1000.2: (no 129 support and no fourth orbital location support)
1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, JVC-IRR, DISHPlayer 7100/7200

all im saying is. I have personally seen at least 6 locations in my area have the lnb or the 44sw get burned out.

Not trying to give you a hard time. :) Just want to find out what the problem is since I have that setup. I know you're an installer and if that's what you guys are experiencing on the field then the Tech Department should know about it.

I installed one over a year ago and it's still working.
I've also been on about 4 sc's where this configuration was not working.

Thanks folks, my hangup is that I thought I read somewhere that you should not exceed 80 feet from the dish to the DPP44. This application should be about 140' to the media center so I will try it.

Is there a way to combine a 1000.2 with a 1000.4?
You can get five of the six slots with a DPP44/DP21 combination for a single tuner, two tuners using dual LNBs & DP21s. All six requires the never released DPP64 and a new download for six slots. I imagine the receiver would get very confused.

That is completely incorrect. A DPP LNB can be hooked to a DPP switch with no problems.

I know Randall has had success on his own in other configurations using prior DPP equipment.

Even when I was with DNS they tell you no DPP LNBS on DPP44.

None of the folks I worked with installed in that configuration, only seen it one time with a newbie using a DPP Twin on a DPP44, it was not working correctly, I changed it out on site after he spent hours there... granted he had other problems as well.

I know Randall has had success on his own in other configurations using prior DPP equipment.

Even when I was with DNS they tell you no DPP LNBS on DPP44.

None of the folks I worked with installed in that configuration, only seen it one time with a newbie using a DPP Twin on a DPP44, it was not working correctly, I changed it out on site after he spent hours there... granted he had other problems as well.

This is incorrect, it is not taught by DNS. According to them what is more likely happening is that who ever is installing or doing a replacement does not have a dpp44 in stock and are trying to find an alternative.

if these guys are doing service calls and running into this i dont doubt that its valid, any idea what causes the switch/lnb to burn out? seems weird. id like to look into this, but its my understanding that the w brackets are better because you can tweak the individual feedhorns to get optimal signal.. does this have something to do with the internal switch in the 1k.2? seems like if there is an incompatibility it would have to be there...

any idea what causes the switch/lnb to burn out?
DPP LNBs draw a LOT more power than DP LNBs. The switches were not meant to be used with DPP LNBs which contain internal switches. Also receivers were not designed to power both a switch and a DPP LNB. It may work for a while but the overloaded switch or receiver may eventually burn out.

DPP LNBs draw a LOT more power than DP LNBs. The switches were not meant to be used with DPP LNBs which contain internal switches. Also receivers were not designed to power both a switch and a DPP LNB. It may work for a while but the overloaded switch or receiver may eventually burn out.

But the DPP44 has a power inserter so the receivers are not powering neither the switch nor the lnbs in this setup. I'd like to know if the power inserter was used in any of the setups where the 1.2k lnb failed.

I'm even using a DP34 switch off the DPP44 switch and the setup has been very stable.

This is incorrect, it is not taught by DNS. According to them what is more likely happening is that who ever is installing or doing a replacement does not have a dpp44 in stock and are trying to find an alternative.

DNS text says that you can connect DPP LNBs to DPP switches and it will work but trainers with field experiance teach differently. I know I have never (the few times ive tried) been able to get a DPP LNB and DPP switch to play fair together...I think there is some sort of disconnect between the two on getting the internal switch to shut off...but im no expert on the inner workings...just voicing my experiances with the tech.

Best (and only that i can think of) way to get 4 recievers running on a 1000.2 is to just use 3 duals and a 44 or 34 (if just single tuners). If you can/want/willing use a superdish with the W bracket...ive never seen a dish pull in as good of signals as that dish can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)