How to connect a 2nd receiver in my home ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

prashanthchou

Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Chicago
My current Dishnetwork setup in my home:
=============================

Dish on the roof => cable goes to basement=>Cable from basement=> living room jack=>receiver=>TV -1

Now I am planning to add another receiver in my bedroom . I have an old receiver. I know I have to call DishNetwork to activate the 2nd receiver so I can use in 2nd room. But they wanted to charge $100 to have a tech come out and setup this 2nd receiver. I wanted to get help from the forum gurus out here and get my 2nd receiver connected in my bedroom.

All the room cables are connected in my basement .

I have the following cable switches with me:

4 Way Splitter
2 Way Splitter
diplex mini SKY23501

If some one can tell me as how to get this setup done.

Living room with Receiver -1 => TV1 (which is my current setup)
2nd receiver in my bedroom connected to TV-2

You have to have another cable coming from the Dish LNB. In the basement, you can barrel connect it to the DEDICATED, not split cable going to your second room. You can NOT split a sat line.

As KAB mentioned, you can not SPLIT the line. You'll need to have (most likely, depends on the LNB/Switch) one cable running from the dish to the new receiver

What is the model of the receiver you're going to install?

As KAB mentioned, you can not SPLIT the line. You'll need to have (most likely, depends on the LNB/Switch) one cable running from the dish to the new receiver

What is the model of the receiver you're going to install?

From his other thread it is a 311 that he has already shorted out by connecting to a splitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)