How to do a hard reboot?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NybobbyNy

Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
I may be having a problem with my OTA Module. I was told to reinsert it and than do a hard reboot? Is a hard reboot simply leaving the unit unplugged for a while, or is there some other way?

Thanks again

You should unplug it when reinserting the OTA module, anyway, so there should be no need for additional reboot really. ;)
What kind of problem are you having?

Thanks for your replies.

The problem I am having is after I gained access to the "Install Wizard" and try to scan for locals the whole screen just blinks while it scans. This will keep on happening until I press back. I also tried to "Aim Antenna", but that blinks too. I tried reinserting the OTA, but that did not help. I currently dont have an OTA antenna hooked up because my landlord is giving me grief about putting one on the roof.

Secure Firmware:V16
Current Software 02.4C
HAL Version: 00.07.37
Middleware Version: 01.45.02

Sounds like a hardware problem. Perhaps a bad OTA module.
What happens if you manually tune to an OTA channel?

Hi, Ilya. Thanks for the reply. I am not sure how to manually tune in. I just tried tuning in thru the Install Wizard, but I just tried another OTA module that I know works and I had the same blinking issue

Of a top of my head: in the Installation wizard menu there is a scan option and there is "Tune OTA antenna", or something like that. Try both options.

FAYRICH said:
You say that you don't have an OTA antenna hooked up. You cannot receive OTA stations without one you know.

I bought 2 Vooms receivers. One works fine, the other is the one I am having the blinking issue with. I assumed it was the OTA module, but when I swapped it with the one that I know works I still had the issue, So I never hooked my indoor antenna up to the "defective" one. I was hoping I could figure out what is wrong with it.

I tried several indoor antennas, but I cant get more than a couple of stations (Fox, ABC) even though I am only 9 miles from the towers. My landlord wont let me put a Winguard on the roof.

I was wondering if anyone could comment on THIS antenna

NybobbyNy said:
I bought 2 Vooms receivers. One works fine, the other is the one I am having the blinking issue with. THIS antenna

Had both receivers been activated?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts