How to find my southernmost sat?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
BUzz Units? what is that... I'm not looking to hack a system... is there a way that if someone has a 3500sd and all their sats locked in, they can save that info and email it to someone???? the weird thing that I found out today, the system comes with a few Tps so I did a smart scann and it found tons more, so more channels, pretty cool (I didn't read the manual on that one, actually, I havent seen the manual since I go the unit..., I guess I am just smart, HAHAHA, JUST KIDDING>>>>>) I wonder, how many channels (LEGAL) can you guys see.... so far I am into the 300s with tons of live feeds.. I was watching one today, the window was open for at least 20 mins before the live hit and then .... bars and tone... we never stay on for so long, if we do a test we use every single sec to test everything, Audio, delay, Ifb's, comms, chyron, everything...

Glad your enjoying yourself!

Yes there are many more things that pop up other than regular TV channels, thats the fun of FTA. You just never know what the next blind scan will bring!

hey guys what would I get out of a 120cm dish, and will I be able to get more out of a universal or a standar Lnb? I want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and what about my question about saving the sat file and xfering via email, is that doable?

dont kill me please... I scanned Sbs6 for the feeds I got 6 Tps and only 1 ch, Onn.. what up with that? I know feeds come and go, but you still get the tps slot right? (where the downlink is) or I am totally wrong???

A bigger dish will help with the weaker signals and when it rains!

It does not matter if its a standard or Universal LNBF, still get the same channels!

Feeds come and go, when they are not live there is NOTHING there, no broadcast, no LIVE TP.

some of the transponders could be data, a different encryption type, scrambled, or low signal (some boxes will ping the transponder even if the signal is low but not enough signal to give you a channel)

I have the older Pansat 1500 and mine does that too.

feeds come and go... mostly go, but some do recur now and then I've noticed.

Seems like if you can find a tp/sr combo that some news network uses for feeds a lot, even if the signal goes out, the signal on that tp/sr will come back in a day or two when a new news reporter comes on. I have no idea how the networks determine what tp/sr to use or how regularly they keep using the same tp/sr over a week/month/year?

What I'm doing on my receiver for feeds is manually loading tps/srs listed as feeds on lyngsat in to some of the most popular satellites. That way I won't have to blind scan and will have the tps that are known to light up now and then... Blind scans won't pick up tps that are dead, so loading them in manually, knowing that they might light up in a while (days/weeks?) is helpful

then I just randomly do a satellite scan or tp scan and look for live signals that I haven't got a channel on yet, or suspect has a channel in there that I don't have yet, scanning and saving channels all the way along as I come across them.

I put all of this in to a junk favorite selection reserved for news channels so that way I can surf through it all at once and find what I want pretty quickly. It does suck having some channels that are black now and then, but as far as I can tell that's the quickest way to tune in to the feed channels without doing tons of regularly scheduled blind scans that take a lot of time to do.

I keep normal "favorites" in another favorite category, and forien language favs in another.

Thanks guys.... so what is the diff on Universal and standar, I thought that you could pick up a broader sectrum

not only 10.75 but from 9xx to 12. and that way pick up a few mode sats?

True the Universal has two bands but both of those bands are not used in this country.

The ONLY extra channel that can be had is Cubavision on Pas 9 58ºw

(And even that can be had elsewhere in the sky!

A Universal can go from 10700-12750. A Standard can go from 11700-12200 (some go to 12750)

There is a low band and a high band on some KU satellites. The only one here in the US is PAS9 (58W) which has Cubavision. Low band is HUGE (as is most everything FTA) in Europe. It allows them to use a broader spectrum.

The above 12200 is for DBS (which you need a DBS LNB for)

Hey Iceberg, as I understand you also have a 3500sd or know a lot about it, where can I get the latest bin files for it, the ones on the pansat are dated feb 2006.. is that the current??

THX.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.