How to find OTA channel signal strength on H3

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I've forgotten how. On the VIPs it would show on info.

Very odd thing with OTA and my Hopper 3. I live in the Peoria, IL Area and if I point NE, I get all the Peoria stations - 16 total.
Last night, I did a res-can for the first time in a year and I picked up those, plus the Springfield/Decatur stations, for a total of 32 - all weak signal, but they're there. I've never had those show up before. I just wonder, if the built in TV tuner may be benefiting from a software update?? Later, I'm going to go up and turn my OTA more to the East and do a re-scan and see if those stations come in stronger

Reactions: charlesrshell
Very odd thing with OTA and my Hopper 3. I live in the Peoria, IL Area and if I point NE, I get all the Peoria stations - 16 total.
Last night, I did a res-can for the first time in a year and I picked up those, plus the Springfield/Decatur stations, for a total of 32 - all weak signal, but they're there. I've never had those show up before. I just wonder, if the built in TV tuner may be benefiting from a software update?? Later, I'm going to go up and turn my OTA more to the East and do a re-scan and see if those stations come in stronger

More than likely just atmospheric conditions giving you the extra channels. Yep, there's a hurricane headed your way.

You can also find the strength of any ota channel you are on at the time, by hitting information button and then recall. It will bring up the strength of the ota signal on the channel that you are on. You can do the same on satellite channels to see what satellite you are on.

What built in TV tuner?

Reactions: TheKrell