How to get access card?

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
thinking of buying a used receiver, but it has no card. Is this good or bad? How do I get a replacement card? How do I determine if there is a balance?

You buy a SMART CARD from DISH $50-100, and no outstanding balance on the previous owners account. Generally if there is no card with the receiver it has an outstanding balance owed. People think the outstanding balance is on the card only DISH applies the balance owed to both the R00 and S00 numbers so they can get paid or the equipment is useless.

If you know anyone that has a trashed receiver w/a card in it, (& assuming it has no balance) just get that card, put it in your receiver, call E* & have it added to your account. Don't even mention to the CSR about the card being different - it will automatically marry to your receiver when activated w/no problem.

What of the receivers that do not have a smart card? None of mine came with one in the reader and came from Dish. I guess you would say they are built in.

Hello Barry Erick,

I am hoping you are the same Barry Erick that created http://www.berick.com/toshibapower.html

I have the same problem you solved: intermittent power on, screen crashes during normal operation, or no power up at all. I have searched the web for problems with the Toshiba Satellite Pro 6000, contacted Toshiba and their customer support, contacted the law firm that successfully settled a class action with Toshiba Satellite 5005 Series Model 5005-S504 Or 5005-S507 Notebook Computer -http://www.satellite5005settlement.com/ and another law firm with a class action suit for the Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 - http://www.lieffcabraser.com/laptop-complaints.htm

I don't know if there will ever be a settlement regarding the Toshiba Satellite Pro 6000, but it is an inconvenient expense for me to replace it at this time. Sometimes it turns on and works for hours, other times only half an hour. Usually I have to wait hours until after it crashes otherwise it won't power up.

When the problesms first started I thought it was the cooling fan, so I ordered one from Toshiba's authorized distributor and paid someone to install it. After that, it worked most days, only crashing about once or twice a day for about a month. That was last month. Now it crashes sooner.

The tech who installed the cooling fan suggested replacing the hard drive because of the crashes. But I don't want to throw good money after bad if the real problem involves a fix like you describe on your website.

I wasn't sure how to contact you on your site so I googled your name and found this post.

Do you have any suggestions? I don't have soldering skills. I would be grateful to pay you if you want to give it a try. If it doesn't work, I'm ok about paying for your time to try. I've called Toshiba authorized repair centers and mentioned your webpage but they all seem CLUELESS.

Thanks for reading this.
Georgeann Malowney
Georgeann@msn.com
425.576.0500 cell

well 311, 510, and 811's don't have smart cards nor do 522 or 322 and i am assuming that the new 942 won't either

richmondr
jdpower #1 csr

oops error, error, they do have smart cards but they are built in sorry, i've got to watch how i word things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts