How to get all 3 satellites at once?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Whitelightnin3006

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2019
Georgia
I've got a dish network dish with 3 lnbs on it. I'm using the vip211z receiver at my hunting land. Couple of things. I have a very clear view of the sky, it's good and flat there with absolutely zero trees blocking the dish. I can only get about a 65% signal for some reason. I'm in front of, but close to a tin roof shed. Could that cause problems? 2nd,i can only seem to hit 1 bird at a time. I'm not able to get all 3 to connect at once. I'm assuming to do so, I need to point at 119 right? Which would be right in the middle? Also I only have 1 coax running from my dish to my receiver. There is no splitter or anything other than what's inside the lnb housing. Is that correct?

The single cable is fine for your 211z. The LNB switching is built into the LNB set itself. What skew and elevation settings are you using and what is the ZIP code for your land?

Reactions: charlesrshell
When you get 119 on the center LNB try adjusting the elevation up and down a bit to see if the 110 and 129 come in. 65 is not a bad signal level. Also, make sure you're using the right set points to set the skew and elevation. That's a common error...

OK cool maybe that's my problem. I'll try that this weekend. I'm assuming those need to be perfect to hit all 3 satellites?
"Perfect" on all three is difficult, but there isn't a lot of wiggle room either. Once all three come in, then you can do a little tweaking to peak the signals on all three. For the western arc, I peak on 119 first, and then work on the other two, favoring 129 a bit over 110, since that's where most of the HD programming is.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Not mentioned so far but the mast must be perfectly vertical. If the mast is not vertical, then swinging the Azimuth will be changing the relative Skew. In 13 years of putting up my tripod, I. found that with the mast vertical, I only had to set the Skew before mounting the dish. Then I aim for 119 and when it is in, 110 and 129 will be in.

Using 119 for aiming means it has to be selected which can be receiver settings or for me, my meter does the sellection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts