How to get all Sat (110,119, 105 and 121)?

dishfan2005

Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
My locals are on 105W and my regular AT120 sub is on 110W and 119W.
Installer came and setup my Superdish not too long ago.

Now, I wanted to sub to certain international programming package which only available on 121W.

What do I need to do?

Must I get another antenna or just add another
LNB to the existing Superdish?

Thank you.

Hi, welcome to satelliteguys!

I think the dish folks would probably add another 121 superdish, but that's kinda silly..

You'd be best off by adding a 30m(?) Ku Band sat dish. The size the folks are using in the FTA forum...

But since you'd have 4 sats you'd need another switch or a DPP44. Depending on what international you want most of them are mirrored on the wing sats, so a smaller dish 300 would probably be easier...

30m? Ku band dish? What type of LNBs do I need to mount on it?

Can u point me a URL where I can read more on this Ku type of dish?

Thanks!

The only problem is there isnt a Dish Pro (or DPP) compatible LNB for KU other than what comes with the Superdish

It is possible to hook up....but unless Dish has a secret part (a single KU band LNBF that is DishPro), they might have to do the dual SD idea.

Dish Network does have a part number 127496 that is listed as a Superdish Type II 121 FSS LNB + Feed.

What about this Toroidal Ku type of antenna? It seems to indicate that it is able to receive all 105, 110, 119 and 121 satellite but wasn't sure if the LNB is DishPro type or not.

ats7627 said:
Dish Network does have a part number 127496 that is listed as a Superdish Type II 121 FSS LNB + Feed.

Can (2) standard dishes point at 105/110 and 119/121 and do the job ?? No matter what, he's gonna need (2). I'd prefer to small dishes over the big-ass Superdish plus a 2nd anyday.

hall said:
Can (2) standard dishes point at 105/110 and 119/121 and do the job ?? No matter what, he's gonna need (2). I'd prefer to small dishes over the big-ass Superdish plus a 2nd anyday.

nope
105 &/or 121 require a 30" or larger dish

Here's a photo of my dish farm, 121 is the old Primestar dish on the left. If you look closely, the LNBF is a 105 SuperDish FSS LNBF, I found it on ebay. It is basically just sitting there at an angle.

Any standard SuperDish would work, you would just not connect anything to its 110 or 119 outputs since you are getting those from the other one.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=2794

Question, if one of the FTA guys are here, perhaps, knows the answer. If I get one of those setups from sadoun for FTA with say a 36" - 39" dish, would I be able to hook up one, then split the signal, attach it to dishnetwork receiver to it, using the KU LNBF that comes with the FTA setup, would I be able to receive the dish signals?

I really want to get one of those FTA systems, however the wife wants GermanTV and PROSIEBENSAT.1... She will let me get one, however I need to be able to accomodate her. HELP! Not trying to anything funny here, want to pay for just the intl programming from Dish and enjoy the FTA sat stuff.

dishfan2005 said:
What about this Toroidal Ku type of antenna? It seems to indicate that it is able to receive all 105, 110, 119 and 121 satellite but wasn't sure if the LNB is DishPro type or not.
Nope, only Legacy. I called to ask, as the Toroidal would let me get everything I could want (except for 61.5), but they confirmed that they did not have reversed dishpro LNB's. :(

Derwin0 said:
Nope, only Legacy. I called to ask, as the Toroidal would let me get everything I could want (except for 61.5), but they confirmed that they did not have reversed dishpro LNB's. :(
Hmm. I wonder how hard it would be to make a band flipper?

That is 950-1450 input becomes 1650-2150 output and vice versa.

That should be ALL it would take to make a standard DP LNBF work with a double-reflector (toroidal) dish.

Derwin0 said:
must not be too easy, as I would imagine they would have if it was easy
I think it's more a matter of supply and demand.

No demand, no supply.

A manufacturer has to think in terms of multiples of 10K in order to produce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)