How to get all Sat (110,119, 105 and 121)?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
or (as I'm guessing) Dish keeps a tight lid on how DishPro items are made, to keep the cloners at bay, and preserve their profits.

Derwin0 said:
or (as I'm guessing) Dish keeps a tight lid on how DishPro items are made, to keep the cloners at bay, and preserve their profits.
Actually, no. The specs are available if you know where to look - like the DiseQc specs.

there ARE 3rd-party DP switches out there. At least one even has a built-in diplexer that is active on all 4 output ports.

yeah, I almost picked up the microroyal DP-34, until I heard it gave fits to dual tuner recievers.

hmm, oh well, makes me wonder then just how hard it would be to jerry-rig a reversed DP lnbf :D

Well, I think the easiest thing to do would be to use a Legacy (also known as a standard) Dual LNBF and voltage lock one side to odd and the other to even. That would be 18V=odd and 13V=even (I think) because it's reversed. Doesn't matter - just swap the cables if I'm wrong. :)

Anyway, now we've got the two bands of transponders - and one of them is already in the "right place". All that's left is to add 700MHz to the other band and combine it with the first one. I don't know how to do that, but I suspect it's NOT hard. After all, the "B" in LNBF stands for "block converter" and that circuitry has been around for decades - and is pretty simple.

I went to miteq.com and found LOTS of stuff that's related to this application. No doubt in my mind that they could do this.

hmm...sounds like a fun little project
I may have to take a look at the docs and try to rig something. Put that electrical engineering degree to some use for once :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts