How to get around not having a EHD.

Will they even take an open box USB drive back? I know that they have some restrictions on opened electronic items. Personally, I would just keep it.

I would think it would come handy if you want to upgrade in the future or if other issues happen down the road, I have to get one myself one day

I would think it would come handy if you want to upgrade in the future or if other issues happen down the road, I have to get one myself one day

Agreed. I have been meaning to pick one up myself, but just have not gotten around to it. Myself, I just have never felt right about buying something knowing I plan on returning it. I know it is a fairly common practice, and to each their own.

Problem is, I have probably 200 hours of unwatched shows.

Now....I could go out and spend $60 on a EHD. Thing is, I have no use for an external hard drive, and I don't want to waste $60 right now, as money is a little tight.

If you already have 200 hours of unwatched recordings (in just a few months of using Hopper), I bet you will need an EHD very soon!
Don't you have some favorite movies that you want to preserve in your collection, or have an extra copy of, in case your Hopper dies?

If you are certain, that you don't need the EHD for your Hopper, reformat the drive and use it for computer backup.
Do you have a computer at home? Where do you store the backups?? What if your computer drive dies one day? $60 is a very wise investment as a backup storage.

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

The slowness of transfer is probably due to the encryption being added to the program as it is moved to the EHD.

I just moved 13GB back to my internal drive and it took about 55 minutes, but then to move it to my laptop only took about 8-9 minutes via a SATA/USB converter, so SATA 2.0 is really quite quick, the bottleneck is in the Dish receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)