How to get Distants from NPS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
I have talked with NPS. After following their advice I have paid for and should be receiving distants from them.

The Website is NOT correctly working at this time.

Please read carefully:
Call 800 -909 - 9677 - this is an automated system (And a different phone # than found in other places)

NOTE - I do not think it accepts American Express - it worked for me only using Visa/Mastercard

You will be asked for a phone number - be sure to use the one associated with your Dishnetwork account

First time I got a female recorded voice, and was denied. (Sorry .... contact your satellite operator)

Called again, got a male recorded voice, and IT WORKED! It will ask for your credit card, you agree to terms, and it says you should get the distants within 24 hours.

The problem is, the system is meant for more than Dishnetwork and there is a kink in the system that is not allowing it to always recogize your phone number as being associated with Dishnetwork.

Good luck to all!

When others confirm this works for them I suggest making this show on the front page.

Thats the number they gave me yesterday to promote (800) 909-9677, however they later asked me to take it down.

Best advice (since they are still getting setup) it to wait until later today to do anything.

I have talked with NPS. After following their advice I have paid for and should be receiving distants from them.

The Website is NOT correctly working at this time.

Please read carefully:
Call 800 -909 - 9677 - this is an automated system (And a different phone # than found in other places)

NOTE - I do not think it accepts American Express - it worked for me only using Visa/Mastercard

You will be asked for a phone number - be sure to use the one associated with your Dishnetwork account

First time I got a female recorded voice, and was denied. (Sorry .... contact your satellite operator)

Called again, got a male recorded voice, and IT WORKED! It will ask for your credit card, you agree to terms, and it says you should get the distants within 24 hours.

The problem is, the system is meant for more than Dishnetwork and there is a kink in the system that is not allowing it to always recogize your phone number as being associated with Dishnetwork.

Good luck to all!

When others confirm this works for them I suggest making this show on the front page.

I just called and got a live person. I'm on hold now. Will post results asap.

Scott, just so you know, they gave me that number and said it was the best way to get distants at this time. It may go more smoothly with time, but at least for me I followed what they said and it worked.

The website worked for me. I received the following confirmation email from them;

Thanks for purchasing Distant Networks from AllAmericanDirect.com. Your order total was $9.00.

Please visit our main web site for other products like: High Definition Televisions, DVD players, High Speed Satellite Internet, Sirius Satellite Radio, and more at www.AllAmericanDirect.com.

hey...could you guys maybe give a brief rundown on what qualifies folks to receive the distant networks packages...maybe for the folks that try and do not get qualified.

if you live in a "white area", should you pretty much qualify?

they have a FAQ over there, but i didn't see anything about that....although there was mention of contacting them for a waiver, in some cases.

I do live in a White area, that is why I persisted in finding out why it would not confirm me on the website. That is when they told me the website was not working correctly at this time. Obvously some are using it and it worked for them, but others are being denied, and as in my case should not be denied.

Ok. I talked with a real person at the above number. A very nice lady, who was quite patient I might add.

She said they qualify based on the phone number that is tied to the Dish account. Trouble is none of my phone numbers would bring up my account, so something is screwy. She suggested I call my provider and confirm my account's phone number.

The nice lady at the above number linked my telephone number to my Dish account and said I qualify for ABC and NBC. She will charge $5/m to CC, and said she just hit my receivers and channels should be active within 15 mins. She will also submit new waivers for CBS and FOX which I had before.
Tom

I had the same experience. Got the female recording and was denied.

Got the male voiced recording and was accepted. Put through the CC information and agreed to the terms and conditions. All was done within 3 minutes.

Ok. I talked with a real person at the above number. A very nice lady, who was quite patient I might add.

She said they qualify based on the phone number that is tied to the Dish account. Trouble is none of my phone numbers would bring up my account, so something is screwy. She suggested I call my provider and confirm my account's phone number.

i had the exact same thing happen. gotta see what's up.

Just called them up and got a nice lady who picked up on the first ring. Says the web site was wrong in qualifying me for all 4 networks. Told me I qualified for FOX and NBC and that the channels should be on in 30 minutes.

When I check the EPG on the box I have no channels in the 5000 range?

paid $30 for 6 months of NBC and FOX up front

i just called and after i was told by the website that i qualified for all 4 the lady told me that i didnt qualify for any and they submitted a waiver for me.

Laff, I called just for kicks. NPS can't fine me by my first phone number dish had, can't find me by my current phone number, can't find me by last name, can't find me by service address, can't find me by last 6 of soc number. I don't exist! :)

Seems like they are having problems with current data. I'll try later.

NO luck for me. I had a RV waiver before. The website showed me okay for all 4 networks, but when I entered the Credit info, the total was $0. I e-mailed and they sent a reply within the hour that said I'm already in the zone for LA locals, and didn't qualify for distants. I just replied back asking about the RV waiver.

Mostly I just want the time shifting stuff back!

I called the "automated number" and got a live lady. Bottom line: If Dish is currently providing you LiLs, you do not "qualify" for their distant networks even though you may not be able to receive networks OTA. The way they are connected with Echostar's database, I am afraid the judge will shut them down!

well, i called dish, because the lady at mydistantnetworks said she couldn't find me based on my telephone number.

the CSR i got couldn't figure it out...said i had my number listed right in their system...strange thing, tho...when the computer voice at dish asks for your phone number to identify you, i punched it in and it gave me the, "hmmm...i don't know who u are.." message, and asked for my acct. number.

anyway, i explained to the CSR my situation, he went into the canned speech about "on october 20, a federal court ruled...", so i said "yeah, i know...but u guys found a way around it."

so, he put me on hold and asked someone about it...came back and said i wouldn't qualify anyways, even though i'm in a "white" area, because i DO qualify to get stations out of lexington, ky, which is about 100 miles away. said if u can get locals out of a market close by, you can't get qualified for distants...i feel he may not be right about this, but what do i know.

so, nothing has changed for me so far, unfortunately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)