how to get fta

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
First off, Welcome to the site.
how to get fta signal on my tv
90 cm and LNBF, aimed at a satellite, connected to a FTA receiver that's also connected to your television.
Anything in particular you're looking for via FTA?

Welcome! Tons of reading here to learn from. or ask all the questions you need.

im currently subscribed to dish network but i want to add a fta receiver. may i use the same dish antenna to connect the fta receiver? what i have to do to receive fta support?

FTA = Free To Air, in other words channels that are in the clear and not scrambled or require a paid subscription. So no your DISH Net dish will not work for FTA, the satellites that it is pointed to are for a paid sub and need an authorized receiver. You will need a whole new setup for FTA.

Also keep in mind you will NOT get any cable/DBS type programming (USA, History, HBO,etc..) FTA, mainly international, religious, educational, some network programming and feeds.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: KE4EST
:welcome lando011970! Here is a list of what is available for viewing via FTA. http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/link-forums/thelist.164/ Many people start out with a stationary system pointed at one satellite to "try out" FTA but since the programming is spread out among many satellites your best option is a motorized system that can move to point at each satellite. You can put a very nice motorized KU system together using new components for a little over $300, or even less if you can find a used dish and receiver. C band offers the most channels but you will need a larger dish. 8' or bigger is best but some people have had success with smaller dishes although your choice of channels will be limited on a smaller c band dish. New c band new dishes are available or, depending on your location, you may be able to get one from someone who is no longer using it at a very low cost or even free just for removing it from their property. You've come to a great site with many people willing to help with any questions you may have if you decide to try FTA!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)