How to get Harrisburg hd locals?

Apologist

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2005
Been on the phone for over an hour with three reps. They stated that they would have to put a work order in which could take 2-3 weeks. They also said in order to process this they would need to shut my sd locals off and re-add them once the tech was out. I can't go that long without sd locals. Who do I need to call and what do I need exactly to add hd locals. Horrible service. Any help appreciated.

Do you have a dish pointed at 77? That is where your HD channels are. The SD locals are on 110 and 77. They will probably telling you this because they have to reprogram your box to look for 77 for the locals. Correct me if I am wrong but is this part of the Eastern Arc? Hope this helps.

Do you have a dish pointed at 77? That is where your HD channels are. The SD locals are on 110 and 77. They will probably telling you this because they have to reprogram your box to look for 77 for the locals. Correct me if I am wrong but is this part of the Eastern Arc? Hope this helps.

I need them to install another dish pointing at 77.

The problem is Dish's moronic account provisioning system that won't let them generate a work order to add a dish to get HD locals unless they remove the SD locals, because it's all just counted as locals. It wasn't an issue until they started putting locals on birds other than 61.5 and 129, or in some cases putting them on one of those two when the customer had been installed for national HD on the other!

This is an example of why Dish is losing subscribers. I never imagined adding hd locals would be this difficult. The first rep didn't even know Harrisburg had hd locals. I wish I had the hour and a half I wasted back.

Last edited:
I don't see why in the few situations where problems like this exist, dish can't just set up a work order for an additional dish installation, and credit off the difference. Then when the tech finishes the job, he can call and have HD locals turned on.

The other thing dish needs to do, apparently, is raise the rates it's paying techs in your area, or get some out of market techs. A 2-3 week job que is horrible. I know last time we hit over a week we had about 10 out of market techs come until it cooled down a little. We average 2-3 days Trouble Call and 2-4 days for New Connects and Upgrades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)