How to get multiple HD-DVRs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lars

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2004
How would you get D* on 3 TVs with 3 DVRs? I now have two cable HD DVRs and 1 Tivo. I am looking at going back to D* and just get 3 HD-DVRs. Can this be done/

If you must have them all at once, you will probably have to get one from D* and two from Circuit City or Best Buy. But call them, tell them you are thinking about coming back, and they may make you some kind of special deal.

If you must have them all at once, you will probably have to get one from D* and two from Circuit City or Best Buy. But call them, tell them you are thinking about coming back, and they may make you some kind of special deal.

I don't have a problem doing that, but how would I handle the order? Just do it all through Best Buy or CCity?

I don't have a problem doing that, but how would I handle the order? Just do it all through Best Buy or CCity?

Why not just do it thru D* ?
I think over all you get a better deal from D*, seeing BB and CC 's prices are already set.
Tell them your looking at coming back and want 3 HR20-700's if you need all three HD.
Also, if you go thru D* you'll probably get the AT-9 or AU-9 dish for free.

Jimbo

Can the new dishes handle 6 lines, which is what you would need with 3 dual dvr's?

D* probally won't sell you 3. I had to get one, buy one at BB, and got a third one later on through retention. But you could also just buy two from BB/CC.

$199 for the first from D*. $299 for any more than that from retailers.

Get the first from D* so you get the install. Install will need a WB68 switch, giving you 8 connections for receivers (2 each).

D* probally won't sell you 3. I had to get one, buy one at BB, and got a third one later on through retention. But you could also just buy two from BB/CC.

$199 for the first from D*. $299 for any more than that from retailers.

Get the first from D* so you get the install. Install will need a WB68 switch, giving you 8 connections for receivers (2 each).

Wonmder if D* will give you a rebate or credit of any kind towards any bought at a BB or CC.
They didn't like that idea originally when I got my first one, matter of fact, they refused the deal I had worked out withthem if I did, I onmly offered to do it that way because they could not come up with any and I knew that they were available down the street. (and the installer was at my house )

Jimbo

D* is limiting orders to 1 HDDVR and/or 2 HD non DVR's, due to demand.

If you need more than 4 lines they will install the switch for free when they install the dish. No problem. I recently added some units and they came out and put in a second switch at no charge. Running 6 DVRs.

FYI... Last week I ordered (1) HD DVR and (2) standard DVR's to replace my current equipment. $99 for the HR20, (1) DVR free and (1) DVR for $99. Plus 2x $20 handling fee. To be installed on the 24th.

I went through a ton of telephone time this week concerning just this....multiple HR20s.

The Computer Ordering System will not allow them to enter more than 1 work order to bring out and install a HR20 every 6 months. The computer will not allow them to send you out a 2nd HR20 within 6 months.

They can install it additional HR20s, even at no cost, if you purchase the additional units at retail.

Furthermore, they will not drop ship a HR20 for install at this time. They will only ship a HR20 for replacement of a bad unit.

Now, after a missed install date as the installer ran out of HR20s, they did agree to rebate to the bill a set amount if I did decide to purchase additional HR20s at retail.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts