How to get Off air HDTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

boyu72

Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
I am a beginner try to play with the directv system, was always a cable subcripber before. Recently I got a 3 LNB dish, a H10 reciever and an off air antena all through craigslist. when all connected, looks like the receiver is trying to get the program guide from satallite dish before it can complete the set up, I do not have the service active yet, and my dish is not mounted yet, now I am stucking at the last step of this set up process and its waiting for satallite signal.

All I am trying to do is to see how to get off air HDTV and the quality of it. Is there anyway I can bypass the statellite portion of the set up, directly go view those off air HDTV/DTV channel?

:confused:

I believe some of the HD receivers have an option in the setup for "No Dish." I don't know which receiver you have, but look around for something like that while we're waiting for someone else to help out here.

I am sure you will have to let it see the sat signal to complete the setup before you can scan for local channels.

It says in the original post he has a H10. Unfortunately I have no experience with the "no dish" option on that receiver.

As I recall, I received OTA channels before my box was activated. Hook up your antenna, point it in the right direction and scan for channels. I'll bet it will work. Assuming, that is, that your antenna is adaquate to pull in your locals.

Thanks guys, I got the set up guide to complete by holding the dish tight for couple mins pointing at the rite direction. It took me 30 mins to get the correct direction, the dish was not mounted yet, i was holding it against the window and finally got the signal so i pencil marked around the dish base, and this worked.

After the guide come up, I can see off air DTV channel are inserted in the guide, and i am able to watch those channel w/o connecting the dish now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)