How to get the SC receiver and dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

curlytop4me

Original poster
Jul 15, 2005
I am trying to purchase a DSR500 in the BC area and carry it cross border. How does one get the dish? The dealers will sell me a reciever and then want to schedule a home call. Do any of the dealers ( Future Shops, The Brick, etc) actually stock the dish, or do I have to track down an installer on the street to get one when I am in town? Or is this another way S/C limits it southern subscriptions. I know I can order one from back East, but Im going up to BC anyway and I would like to pick it up.

curly

welcome :wave

SC does not supply the dishes at retailers. Only online comapnies have it. Reason is less stock for them to carry and to make it so you get the installation (because for Canadian subs there is a warranty on the dish & stuff)

Has nothign to do with southern subscribers.....remember, each area needs a different size dish and its easier to have the installer carry the dish.

If all you want is the main stuff (not ethnic or HD), all you need is a 30" dish and KU band LNB and you can get those from PLENTY of online companies...otherwise you can get the SC dish through www.kusat.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts