How to hack TiVo to Record XM music???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HBKbiggestfan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
I read in another forum about the ability to hack D* TiVo to record the XM music channels. If anyone knows how this is doen or has a link, please post here.

It's not that I am too cheap to buy music (I but albums all the time) I just think it is cool to leave my reciever on XM and come home and go through all the music they have played and skip through the songs I don't like.

Thats true HBKbiggestfan, but ebonovic got it right if you get the R15 you will be able to record the XM channels, also it has a 90 minute buffer compared to Tivos 30 so you will be able to rewind further...

I have an R15 as well, but the TiVo software is better, so that is what I have in my bedroom.

I can't wait till D* makes more and more upgrades for the R15 available, hey it may surpass TiVo afterall? The main thing I hope they fix next would definetly be the Live Buffers...The R15 MUST have 2 live buffers running at all times to even compete with TiVo's software. If it had the 2 buffers with the 90 mins. rewind capabilties, that would blow TiVo away!

Last edited:
ebonovic said:
Or an R15... It can record XM... :D

$CREW THE R15,

they have limited it to having no dual live buffers,

they were so stupid, they dont even allow it to use the FULL COMPLETE TRIBUNE listings in the data stream , amongst a kmillion other problems,

and they are taking way too long to upgrade it

HBKbiggestfan said:
I read in another forum about the ability to hack D* TiVo to record the XM music channels. If anyone knows how this is doen or has a link, please post here.

In the old Music Choice days, you could setup a keyword wishlist to autorecord that contained something from the channel description. For instance, if the description of a channel included the words "bon jovi," you could set a season pass with that keyword. I never thought to try it with the XM channels.

-Queso

HBKbiggestfan said:
Go here Read, read, and read some more. Make sure you understand what you are doing before you do it.

As a long time Tivo user, I was pleasantly surprised that the R15 allows the recording of XM channels.

However, the playback of the recording does not contain song title info.. anyone know why? or how to get around that?

The Tate, I'm interested in doing it because Bob Dylan is hosting a music show on XM, can't recall which channel off the top of my head, might be Heavy Tracks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)