How to hook a VIP622 WIRELESSLY to my wireless network?

techguru408

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
I have searched and found a few threads that are tangentially related but that doesn't help, so I am asking this here to see if can get an answer. I have a ViP 622 Dual Tuner receiver and want to hook it to my wireless network. I was told an Xbox360 wireless adapter would work but it doesnt.

What ones will? Is there any tips/tricks I need to know to make this work?

Thanks!
Tom

Any wireless Ethernet bridge will work.

e.g. I use a WRT54GL with DD-WRT in bridge mode for one of my 722k's.

I have searched and found a few threads that are tangentially related but that doesn't help, so I am asking this here to see if can get an answer. I have a ViP 622 Dual Tuner receiver and want to hook it to my wireless network. I was told an Xbox360 wireless adapter would work but it doesnt.

What ones will? Is there any tips/tricks I need to know to make this work?

Thanks!
Tom

Do you have a router with an open port? Wireless or wired, doesn't matter.

Tom,

Any Ethernet Game Adapter will work just fine.

I've seen reports that some don't.

As said earlier, Dish is using/selling Netgear WNDA3100 Version 2. You do not have to buy from Dish, and they seem to be out of stock most of the time.

Last edited:
I have a Buffalo wireless N router. It is downstairs and on the opposite side of the house. Upstairs, I use a Buffalo wireless Ethernet converter. It connects wirelessly to my router and allows me to connect my 722k and TV using Ethernet connections to the converter. It also allows me room for growth for a DVD player and a gaming console with the two extra ports. The converter was around $80, but I don't have to worry about buying a bunch of wireless adapters. Once the converter is setup, everything else is just plug and play with the Ethernet connection. This might be an option to look at.

Calvin

yes i have an open port i just dont want to run a cable across the room.

You can use a Slinglink ethernet adapter from Dish...it's not wireless...it connects to your router and utilizes the electric wiring in your house to deliver the signal to the outlet the receiver is plugged into. I don't know if they would send you one or how much they charge for it. On tech visits to your house for a service call or upgrade the tech should be able to install it free of charge to get you connected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts