How to hook up two boxes to 1 dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alittletocraze

Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
I have two boxes that are active, 1 was at my house and the other my grandmothers. They are on the same account, so how to I put the box from my house out here in my room? Do i need to get the dish from the house or can both be run off her dish. Do I need a spliter for the dish? Please help

Suggestion.....attempt to locate the origional installer of your system. Looks like you will require their experience.

We actually have 4 boxes on the same account at 3 dif houses. I know it can't be to hard. My husband tried to hook them up last night and both would work for a minute the 1 would go out. But he was just running them through the cable we had ran to the tv in bedroom so we could get sat back there. So like I asked before is there a dif hookup at the dish its self? It currently has 3 connections so do they make them with 4?

Dish Network frowns on having more than 1 single family dwelling per account. As long as ALL receivers are activated AT the address on the account, the account can have up to 8 tuners. Special exemption is required if more than 8 are needed. In the case that you indicate, the account is subject to audit. May I suggest that the "special" requirements of your installation be handled with the knowledge you now have.

Yeah I know! We live in the counrty and all 3 house are within a mile. Thats why I came here to ask the questions! I mean my husband, son, and I had to move in with my 89 year old grandmother with altimerzers and some times I would like to slip away and watch what I want!!! I'm just trying to see if we can do it ourselves because i know it's got to be simple, I mean I know we'll have to get something to do it with but what?:)

Yeah I know! We live in the counrty and all 3 house are within a mile. Thats why I came here to ask the questions! I mean my husband, son, and I had to move in with my 89 year old grandmother with altimerzers and some times I would like to slip away and watch what I want!!! I'm just trying to see if we can do it ourselves because i know it's got to be simple, I mean I know we'll have to get something to do it with but what?:)

Sounds likes a case of account stacking to me. Why don't you just pay for your service and repairs like the rest of us.:mad:

A Dish 500 dish will handle 2 or 4 receivers depending on the LNBF you have... A DIsh 1000.2 will handle 3 receivers. If more or needed then you need a switch. You must run a cable from the dish to the place where you want a receiver. You can not split the cable.. You didn't mention what kind of dish you have, or what kind of receiver you are trying to hook up so that is the best I can do..

P.S. Be wary of this setup you have. It is account stacking and frowned upon very heavy by Dish Network. But that's none of my business.

The dish is a dish 500 and the boxes are 300. And actually skyview I am close to you and u probably know who hooked ours up. I mean I could call him but I was trying to not have to pay someone for 10 minutes of work.

You'll need some sort of a switch and maybe a different LNB or two. You aren't paying for the "10 minutes work" you are paying to avoid the several hours or days of screwing around that it will take you to figure out what needs to be done.

Good Luck, Eric

I couldn't quite understand how many receivers are already hooked up at the house you want to put your receiver.. They make a quad feed for the Dish 500 which will run up to 4 receivers. But they are getting harder to find around here.. Cost anywhere from 50 to 100 depending on who you buy them from.. Or if you have a Twin LNB on the dish you can get a DP34 switch for about $50. Two cables come from the Dish to the Switch, and then the switch gives you 4 outputs.. But an individual cable from the receiver to the switch or Dish is required.. No splitter will work.. That just screws up the whole thing.

I do know all the dealers around me, and am very close friends with 3 of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)