How to install VIP 622

Conjuror

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2004
I am about to get new VIP 622, I bought it on ebay. Currently I have single 811 receiver, one dish with single legacy lnb pointing to 61.5 and second dish 500 with twin legacy lnb aiming on 110 and 119. Two single cables, one from each dish, are connected with switch 21. My 811 is connected via a single cable with the switch. I only subscribe to HD Pack and Voom channels.

What do I need to connect new 622 to a single HDTV to get the same channels?

to use the same lnb's you need a 34 switch and run 2 lines to the 622.
or get a dpp twin lnb for 110 119 and a dp dual for 61.5 and run it in to the dpp twin and run one line to the 622 and use the seperator

Last edited:
dnsguy: there is no 34 switch for legacy, maybe you're thinking of the SW64.

conjurer: right now you've got one line connected with a SW21 to one output from each LNBF. Duplicate that with another SW21 to the other outputs. Both lines into the 622, you should be good to go. (I am assuming both LNBFs have two outputs on them, if not you need to swap the single for a dual)

Another SW21 and some cables should be a lot cheaper than swapping everything out for dishpro.

Pepper said:
dnsguy: there is no 34 switch for legacy, maybe you're thinking of the SW64.

conjurer: right now you've got one line connected with a SW21 to one output from each LNBF. Duplicate that with another SW21 to the other outputs. Both lines into the 622, you should be good to go. (I am assuming both LNBFs have two outputs on them, if not you need to swap the single for a dual)

Another SW21 and some cables should be a lot cheaper than swapping everything out for dishpro.

i'm tired, you're right

Good point oljim, also a pro install is expensive and probably would be disappointing for someone who's been reading these forums for a couple of years, you probably know more about it than the average guy who would come out to do the pro install. (note I said average, no insult intended to pro installers who are above average and know what they are doing)

Well, I've got new dish 1000 with all lnbf-s for 40 dollars which will give me all the channels I want with one cable. I think that's better deal than buying and running additional cables.
Thank you all for help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts