How to Mount a Satellite Dish on a Roof

ZandarKoad

Amish Satellite Technician
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
If you're ever wondering if you're installer is doing it right... I know many Dish Network installers are not allowed to install on roofs OVER LIVING SPACE, but with the Dish Network mount type (no struts) that shouldn't be much of an issue.

This is the first How-To video I've ever made, so please, set your expectations VERY VERY LOW. ;) Let me know what you think!

Dish Network mounts are a little different, but the center two bolts on the footplate should be in a rafter (much like the DirecTV stubby mount I mention).

[video=youtube;BBBjcLFwRRU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBBjcLFwRRU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBBjcLFwRRU[/video]

Not bad. A movie star in the making. :)

I know that was a DirecTV dish but the Dish install auditors love to fail a foot plate with less than 6 lags though.

Interesting. I have a 1000.4 on a stubby mount. It is DIY. The house had an old small Direct dish on a stubby and I just removed it and set the 1000.4 on it and lined it up. Not happy with how wiggly the mount is so this is helpful

For some reason I don't get any audio???:confused::(

Ed

DUHHHH......MY fault!!!:eek: I had external speakers hooked up to my laptop and they were turned OFF.:eek:

By the way, that statement wasn't supposed to come accross as disrespectful if that's how you took it. It was a very informative video. I watched almost the whole thing.

You'll have to try a litter harder than that to offend me. ;)

My children have a genetic learning condition called autodidacticism. There's no known cure, so your patience is appreciated. :D

So, actually after watching your video, because your explanation on the stays make more sense than any training I have ever received thru dish, I now do my Exede mounts a lot better. I understand how they work, how they are designed much better. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)