how to move a satellite dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There are a lot of threads in the C-band section, dealing with personal moves.
Each story is educational, and amusing.
I spent a lot of time over the years reading them, so when it came to my move, I used all the wisdom which had gone before, and came up with my own way.
You can see the stories in my signature.
But by looking through the C-band department, you can likely come up with examples that fit your dish/situation better.

Best bet, would be to do -some- reading , then post pictures of what you've got and get advice from the guys.

edit: but just as a quickie...
- pickup truck
- trailer
- flat bed truck - (that was me!)
- or if it can be disassembled into two, four, or six panels, some guys have hauled 'em in vans or station wagons! :)
- one guy drove home in an Izusu SUV with an 8½' solid BirdView on his roof! - :eek:

... Or you could always roll it home like I did ;) ...

Oh, I see you asked for the SAFEST way... Probably a pickup truck.

AND make sure it is tied down good! One year I bought a 8 foot mesh dish cheap.
Since I lived just a few miles from where this dish is located, I figured I would just slide the dish on back of my pickup. I wanted to avoid the highway with the danger of a 18 wheeler blowing the dish off my truck. I took the back roads.
My brother followed me in his truck.
I wasn't going fast, maybe 35 mph. So far, so good. Then I wanted to ease up the mph to about 45. Big mistake! I heard my brother blowing his horn and when I looked at my rearview mirror, the dish was just flipping over onto the road!!! :eek:
Needless to say, the dish was ruin! :( :mad:

i was wondering what is the safest way to move a dish? over 6 feet?

Did you want to move a dish that is over 6 feet in size? Or did you want to move a dish a 6 feet distance across your yard? Because if you are moving a dish 6 feet across your yard, you probably don't need a truck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts