How to output sound from VIP722K DVR - The 2nd TV which is SD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goldverizon

Original poster
Dec 3, 2013
TX
I have a VIP722K DVR. I connected main receiver which is HD to the home theater and is working fine.
Now VIP722K DVR is a dual toner dvr which is SD on the 2nd TV. I am trying to connect home theater to the second tv but not able to output the audio from the home theater.
Can someone help me

Please explain your present wiring configuration...Tv2/home theater.

I connected the composite cable from the tv2 to the home theater. But the issue is that the Dish channels works on TV2 by choosing the source as "TV" on the remote. But for the composite connection, I need to choose "Composite" from the remote. Selecting composite obviously doesn't display the dish channels and displays my home theater home page which is a smart home theater.
Please let me know if I am still not making sense

Still not totally clear, but if you are running composite RW audio from TV to av receiver, receiver input needs to selected according to what inputs you are using. Run coax from 722 straight to Tv2.

Still not totally clear, but if you are running composite RW audio from TV to av receiver, receiver input needs to selected according to what inputs you are using. Run coax from 722 straight to Tv2.

TV2 should have audio out that you can connect to your home theater receiver.

I'm assuming that TV2 is in a room that is not close to the receiver and it is connected with coax. You're TV has to be on either antenna or cable to view your Dish. If the stereo is right by the TV you should be sending audio out of your TV into the stereo then, that's if your TV has audio out of course.

If you have composite cables running from the output of the satellite receiver all the way to your TV then you need to send the audio cables to the stereo and the video cable to the TV. Your TV should be set to video in order to watch satellite then. If you want audio to the TV and the stereo you would have to split the audio cables with a Y-adapter so one goes to the TV and one goes to the stereo.

I think we need more details on how your set up is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)