How to receive 105, 110, 119, 121, 148, with 6 receivers?

Actually, it can be done, but it will be REAL painful. You won't be able to use DPP Separators for dual-tuner receivers because you have to cascade switches.

A Pair of DPP44's, 6 DP21's, and 4 DP Splitters. The #2 port of the DP21's does the fifth bird which should be a DP Dual so that you don't have to split one output 6 ways. As it is, splitting one 3 ways isn't supported, but should work.

There may be a 3rd-party splitter with more than 2 outputs that might help.

Now, I've told you how to do it, so please tell me WHY you need that much???

SimpleSimon said:
Actually, it can be done, but it will be REAL painful. You won't be able to use DPP Separators for dual-tuner receivers because you have to cascade switches.

A Pair of DPP44's, 6 DP21's, and 4 DP Splitters. The #2 port of the DP21's does the fifth bird which should be a DP Dual so that you don't have to split one output 6 ways. As it is, splitting one 3 ways isn't supported, but should work.

There may be a 3rd-party splitter with more than 2 outputs that might help.

Now, I've told you how to do it, so please tell me WHY you need that much???
That sounds too expensive and if Dish can't find a better way it will be their loss, the reason I asked is because from what I read here in the forum it looks like most HD is going to 105, regular programing at 110 and 119, I see one international I'm interested in available on 121 only and my locals are at 148, is this not accurate? will Dish mirror HD on 105 and 121?

Well, 5x6 is most definitely a fringe case. If E* loses you as a customer because of it, I'm sure they're not worried.

Four birds to 4 receivers (which could be as many as 8 tuners) is trivial.

Five birds to a single tuner receiver is also easy. How many HD receivers (the only ones that need 105) are we talking about?

SimpleSimon said:
Well, 5x6 is most definitely a fringe case. If E* loses you as a customer because of it, I'm sure they're not worried.

Four birds to 4 receivers (which could be as many as 8 tuners) is trivial.

Five birds to a single tuner receiver is also easy. How many HD receivers (the only ones that need 105) are we talking about?
Don't get me wrong I've been with Dish from their very beginning and I'm a fairly satisfied customer, what I'm saying is if the plan is to spread programing across multiple Satellites there has to be a cost effective way for subscribers (specially the ones with multiple DVR's) to have access to all programing of all Satellites on all receivers allowed in one account.

Actually, that's not true. As of the moment, the contracts limit the number of satellites a single receiver is supposed to handle - it was either 3 or 4, I forget which and am too tired to look it up right now.

Makes no real sense, and we know some receivers can handle 5 birds, but the official position at the moment is no.

Well the question comes down do you need 121/148/105 on every receiver?

Only DP receivers and the 6000 can see 4 satellites at once, and only DP receivers can see 5.

A pair of DPP44s with 105 only fed to HD receivers (with DP21s to feed it in) could simpify it.